More InformationGroup dungeons and the teamwork they involve are centerpieces of World of Warcraft. And with the Mythic Keystone system introduced in Legion™, players are encouraged to gather up four of their friends and take on even greater challenges! With each increasing level of Mythic difficulty, the health and damage of enemies increases, and at certain levels new modifiers are introduced that will require players to adapt, evolve, and work together to succeed.The Great Collegiate Dungeon Race begins on September 22 and will conclude on November 12. All races will take place on the World of Warcraft event realms—players will choose their preferred classes from premade character templates with fixed item sets and Artifact levels. The tournament will play out across three separate phases at increasingly challenging Mythic levels in order to find the best adventurers Azeroth has to offer.
- Preliminary Rounds: We’ll be running 3 preliminary rounds over 3 weeks in which teams will run a single Mythic Level dungeon for placement on a leaderboard.
- Playoffs: The top 16 teams from the preliminaries will then be seeded into a double elimination, best-of-three bracket which will run until only four semifinalists remain.
- Semifinals & Grand Finals: The four semifinalist teams will compete in a single-elimination semifinals and finals to see who takes home the top spot.
- Registrations Close
- Preliminary Rounds
September 22-28, September 29-October 5, & October 6-12
October 15, 21, and 22
- Semifinals & Grand Finals
Prizing$20,000 in scholarship prizing is ready to be claimed by the strongest collegiate Dungeon Race teams at our Grand Finals in December. Here’s the breakdown of the prize pool per team:
- First Place: $2,000 per Player
- Second Place: $1,000 per Player
- Third & Fourth Place: $500 per Player
We’re looking forward to seeing another great round of World of Warcraft competition, and can’t wait to see students from across North America banding together against the Legion!Register Now