The World of Warcraft 9.0.5 update arrives with scheduled weekly maintenance on March 9 in this region (10 March in EU, 11 March in Asia).The 9.0.5 update is focused on improving systems, rewards, Covenant and Legendary tuning, and bug fixes. Valor Points are now earnable in Piedra angular mítica
dungeons, and Valor can be used to upgrade new Piedra angular mítica
gear rewards. Changes to Covenants and Legendaries are intended to provide more gameplay options for crafting and utilizing Legendary items in specific situations, and to make sure that more players feel that the Covenant that suits their aesthetic, narrative, or other preferences for their character also feels more viable for their preferred playstyle.
Table of ContentsAdventures
Necrolord Covenant Companions
- Kyrian Covenant Companions
Kyrian Phalanx health increased by 16%.
Developers’ note: Phalanxes still feel underpowered relative to Halberdiers, so giving them some additional durability to allow them to fill the tank role before players have maxed out their roster.
Night Fae Covenant Companions
- Fixed an issue where Bonesmith Heirmir Serrated Shoulder Blades weren’t inflicting damage back to the enemy.
- Maldraxxus Plaguesinger’s Plague Song has been redesigned – Plague Song now deals damage to ranged enemies every round.
- Rencissa the Dynamo spell effectiveness increased by 40%.
- Assembler Xertora spell effectiveness increased by 10%.
- Rattlebag spell effectiveness increased by 20%.
Developers’ note: We fixed a few issues where some Necrolord Covenant Companions weren’t dealing damage reliably. Additionally, a few companions have received an improvement that fits with their purpose.
Venthyr Covenant Companions
- Qadarin spell effectiveness increased by 24%.
- Blisswing’s damage reduction now correctly applies to enemies.
- Yira’liya health increased by 16% and spell effectiveness increased by 50%.
- Duskleaf health increased by 20% and spell effectiveness increased by 25%.
- Lloth’wellyn health increased by 33% and ability damage increased by 25%.
Developers’ note: A few Night Fae Covenant Companions were not as well established in their different roles as we hoped, to address this we’ve improved many abilities and decreased some Companions’ overall fragility.
- Venthyr Nightblade attack increased by 25%.
Developers’ note: We’re generally happy with how the changes to Venthyr in the 9.0.2 landed, but wanted to offer some additional help for players using Nightblades to fill out their compositions.
- Undead cloaks will now be as tattered as the forsaken wearing them. Your character customization settings will now inform the appearance of your cloak for Undead characters.
- Santificación cinérea (Venthyr Paladin), Extremidad abominable (Necrolord Death Knight), Niebla enjambradora (Venthyr Death Knight), Cuota de la muerte (Night Fae Death Knight), Espíritus salvajes (Night Fae Hunter), Flecha resonante (Kyrian Hunter), and Réplica ancestral (Night Fae Warrior) visual effects will now appear less overwhelming to allied players when cast in dungeons or raids.
- Many abilities are now better at avoiding in-combat enemies that the player is not engaged with (e.g. Convocar a los espíritus, Lluvia de estrellas, Cosecha en cadena, Bombardeo vil, Estrago divino).
- DEATH KNIGHT
Fixed an issue that caused Ataque inexorable (Talent) to consume Reflejo de hechizos.
Covenant Abilities DEMON HUNTER
- Fixed an issue that caused Pacto profano (Talent) to sometimes not hit large raid bosses.
Covenant Abilities Conductos DRUID
Caos desatado (Talent) damage increased to 500% (was 300%).
Restoration Covenant Abilities
Furia de Elune (Talent) will now deal damage even if the Druid is in cat or bear form.
- Enjambre adaptable (Necroseñor) damage and healing increased by 25% and the effectiveness of periodic effects increased to 25% (was 20%). The effectiveness of periodic effects increased to 35% for Balance Druids.
- Sed infinita (Venthyr) now increases your critical strike chance by .8% per stack at Rank 1 (was .5%).
Marksmanship Survival Covenant Abilities Conductos
- Fixed an issue that allowed Cazadors to avoid the Saciada debuff when casting Rabia primigenia.
- Fixed an issue that caused Feign Death to be cancelled when Cazadors opened their map or used an emote.
- Beast Mastery
Cobra escupidora (Talent) damage is increased by 260%.
MAGE MONK Windwalker
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Ventaja de tirador buff to be removed when another player's Hunter Mark was applied.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Brutal Projections to expire early.
Covenant Abilities PALADIN Protection Covenant Abilities Conductos PRIEST
- Xuen, the White Tiger is now vulnerable to Hibernar, Polimorfia and Fear crowd-control effects.
- Toque de la muerte is now affected by Mastery: Combo Strikes.
- Fixed an issue that caused Storm, Earth and Fire's cast to sometimes break nearby enemies' Sigilo.
- Fixed an issue that caused Xuen, the White Tiger to be able to target enemies in Sigilo.
- Fixed an issue that caused Tiger Palm to grant an additional stack of Marca de la grulla when Storm, Earth and Fire is active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Mark of the Crane to be maintained permanently at maximum stacks while fighting a single target.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Storm, Earth, and Fire spirits from using Puños de furia, Patada del sol naciente, and Puñetazo giratorio del dragón (Talent).
- Fixed an issue that allowed Storm, Earth and Fire spirits to continue channeling Puños de furia after the Monk's Fists of Fury channel ended.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Patada giratoria de la grulla's damage to not be properly increased by Marca de la grulla if targets die with the Monk's mark active.
Coraza espiritual (Talent) now absorbs 80% of healing done (was 100%) and the absorption limit is now based on the caster's Spell Power rather than maximum Health.
Shadow Covenant Abilities Conductos ROGUE
- Himno divino increases healing taken by 4% (was 10%) for 15 seconds (was 8 seconds). Stacks up to 5 times (was no stacks).
Level 56: New Passive: Cut to the Chase – Envenenar extends the duration of your Cortar and Dice by up to 3 seconds per combo point spent.
- Heridas envenenadas now restores 8 Energy (was 7).
- Cortar and Dice (Rank 2) has been removed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Tempestad carmesí (Talent) from triggering Prontitud (Talent).
- Fixed an issue that allowed Bomba de veneno (Talent) to deal damage to Aporreado targets while not breaking the crowd-control.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Envenenar's buff from retaining up to 30% of its duration when refreshed.
- Fixed an issue that caused Premeditación (Talent) to rarely not be applied when entering Sigilo.
Conductos SHAMAN Mejora Restoration
- Púa ósea dentada (Necroseñor) has been redesigned – Púa ósea dentada initial damage increased by 300% and now grants 1 combo point plus 1 per active bone spike after it strikes the target. It is now removed when the target leaves combat and no longer refunds a charge and gets removed when the target is healed to full.
- (Venthyr) has been redesigned – no longer costs Energy (was 20 Energy), duration reduced to 12 seconds (was 20 seconds), Haste is now granted immediately, and no longer has a second activation. 's initial damage increased by 270%, additional damage from spending combo points increased by 160%, and deals damage 1 time upon use (was 3).
- Fixed an issue that caused Reprimenda resonante (Kyriano) to apply Descubrir debilidad for non-Pícaro Sutilezas when cast from Sigilo.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Púa ósea dentada's (Necroseñor) initial damage from dealing a critical strike.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Púa ósea dentada's (Necroseñor) bleed debuff from being counted towards the Envenenar damage bonus from Hoja funesta (Legendary Power).
- Púa ósea dentada's (Necroseñor) damage is now correctly increased by Assassinations' Mastery: Potent Assassin.
- Fixed an issue that prevented critical strikes with Púa ósea dentada's (Necroseñor) initial damage from generating an additional combo point with Sellar destino.
- Andanada (Outlaw Talent) now correctly causes Sepsis (Sílfide nocturna) to generate an additional combo point.
Covenant Abilities WARLOCK Demonology Destruction Covenant Abilities WARRIOR
- Ráfaga de lava damage reduced by 10%.
- Fixed an issue where Tótem Muro de tierra (Talent) could absorb more damage than intended when an area damage spell hit multiple allies.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Intervene to be applied to targets under the effect of Ciclón.
Fixed an issue that prevented the Torbellino buff to not be applied to the Guerrero if Torbellino was cast during Cargar.
- Damage of all abilities increased by 10%. Damage of Thunder Clap increased by an additional 10%.
- Estandarte de conquistador (Necroseñor) has been redesigned – Brandish the Conqueror's Banner, granting 400 Mastery and 30% increased movement speed to you and your 2 nearest allies and preventing movement speed from being reduced below 100%. The cooldown is now 2 minutes (was 3 minutes), duration is now 15 seconds (was 20 seconds), and the Rage generation is now 4 Rage per second for Arms and Protection, and 6 Rage per second for Fury.
Nexo de almass Anima Conductor: Flowing Power – La Casa de los Rituales Sílfide nocturna Venthyr
Facultad de curia
Modelar carne has been redesigned – Form a shield of flesh and bone over 3 seconds (was 4 seconds) that absorbs damage equal to 40% of your maximum health for 2 minutes. While channeling, your damage taken is reduced by 20%. Pasivo effect – Movimiento near an enemy's corpse consumes their essence to reduce Modelar carne's cooldown by 1 second.
- The slime creatures within the Bajapeste dungeon will now grant their buffs when their corpses are consumed by Modelar carne's passive effect (was when Modelar carne was used on their corpses).
- La Corte de Ascuas
Guests who you have reached Best Friend status with now give you a permanent RSVP.
- The Permanent RSVP will allow all characters on your account to invite that guest to future Ember Courts without completing their RSVP quest again.
in Salto del Pecado
now sells a Bind on Account book at Exalted with the Ember Court. The book will teach your Dredger Butler how to handle the Limpieza
quests that follow the Ember Courts.
One-time reputation items from Temel
and Lady Ilinca will no longer appear once learned.
Droman Aliothe's RSVP no longer requires players to venture to Bastión
for items. Nexo de almass Dungeons and Raids
Salas de la Expiación Cavernas Sanguinas
- Castillo de Nathria
With the closing of the Alliance Hall of Fame, cross-realm Mythic Castle Nathria will be available for all players starting on the next raid lockout for each region.
- Council of Blood
Furia del castellano's effect has been reduced by 15% on Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
- Veteran Stoneguard have had their health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- Veteran Stoneguard have had their melee damage reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
- Veteran Stoneguard's Sintouched Blade now casts less frequently on all difficulties.
- Reduced the damage of Fiebre del baile by 10%.
- Locos del baile have had their health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- Reduced the damage of Púas de alma by 5% on all difficulties.
Teatro del Dolor
- Jaula de ánimas now persist for 1 minute after activation (was 45 seconds). While active, Bendición del Salto del Pecado is applied to players when any enemy is slain nearby (was certain enemy types) and duration increased to 75 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Moved one of the Anima Cages away from a patrolling Chamber Sentinel.
Mythic Keystone Dungeons
- Elegido del necroseñor covenant perk now has a duration of 6 minutes (was 5 minutes).
- An Affront to Challengers
Xira the Underhanded has been disabled on Mythic difficulty and removed from the Dungeon Journal.
Bajapeste Cavernas Sanguinas
- The formula for determining the level of the first Piedra angular mítica players receive each week has been adjusted.
Previously, players would always receive a Keystone 1 level below the highest they'd completed so far in Season 1.
- After this change, if you finish a Piedra angular mítica dungeon in time during the week, the next week's Great Vault will contain a Keystone of that same level.
- For example, if your highest Piedra angular mítica completion during week one is a +15 that you completed in time, you will get another +15 Keystone from the Great Vault to start week two. If you run that +15 during week two and fail to meet the timer, however, and complete no other +15 (or higher) Piedra angular mítica dungeons the rest of week two, you will receive a +14 Keystone from the Great Vault to start week three.
Items and Rewards
- General Kaal's Gauntlet
Stonewall Gargons no longer trigger the Necrotic Affix.
- The community voted mount, The Wandering Ancient, is now available!
- Equipamiento acquired from Piedra angular mítica dungeons are now upgradable with Valor, a new currency that is earned from completing Piedra angular mítica dungeons and covenant Llamars. The weekly Valor cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week.
There will be a maximum of 1500 Valor a character can hold at a time. Equipamiento that dropped before the patch is unable to be upgraded.
200 Item Level: Initial item upgrade level.
- 207 Item Level: Requires the Keystone Explorer achievement – Earned by completing all eight Tierras Sombrías dungeons at Mythic 5 or higher, within the time limit.
- 213 Item Level: Requires the Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror achievement – Earned by completing all Tierras Sombrías dungeons at Mythic 10 or higher, within the time limit.
- 220 Item Level: Requires the Shadowlands Keystone Master achievement – Earned by completing all Tierras Sombrías dungeons at Mythic 15 or higher, within the time limit.
Completing a Piedra angular mítica
dungeon after the timer has ended will now reward a second item. The item level of the second item will be slightly lower (e.g. finishing a Mythic 7 Keystone dungeon, but not completing the timer now rewards the party with a 200 iLvl item and a 197 iLvl item). La gran cámara
raid loot requirements is now defeat 3/6/9 raid bosses (was 3/7/10).
Potency Conduits now also drop in Castillo de Nathria
Once players reach 40 Renombre
with their Covenant, the weekly quest to gather 1000 Ánima
will now award you with 1500 gold.
Once players have recruited the maximum amount of Almas
for their Covenant, the weekly quest to rescue Almas
from the Maw will now award you with 500 Ánima
. Gafas de sol con bisutería
can now be used in transmogrification and will appear in your collection once found. Vendedor
prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted.
The Lightless Force weapon enchant no longer targets out-of-combat or crowd-controlled enemies.
The Hunger of the Pack trinket now grants the Velocidad
stat instead of movement speed percentage.
The Barrier Generator Toy can no longer be used in instanced PvP.Runecarving Legendary Items Unholy
DEMON HUNTER Vengeance
- Arrastrapiés reanimado explosion damage increased by 5% and now procs approximately every 1.75 minutes (was 1.5).
- The casted Haz ocular from Angustia colectiva's summoned ally now always deals critical strikes.
- Spirit of the Darkness Flame's Fiery Brand instant damage increased by 20% (was 15%).
Cat-Eye Curio now restores 30% Energy (was 25%).
- Sortija de frenesí now reduces the cooldown of Rabia by .3 seconds per combo point-generating ability (was .2 seconds). During Berserk, combo point-generating abilities cause the target to bleed for 150% of their damage (was 100%).
Restoration HUNTER Marksmanship Survival MAGE Fire Frost MONK
- Legacy of the Sleeper's Berserk description now notes that the Druid is immune to crowd-control while active.
- Poderío de Shaohao now causes Tiger Palm to have a 40% chance (was 10%) to deal 300% of normal damage (was 250%) and reduce the remaining cooldown of your Brews by 2 additional seconds (was 1 second).
Vertido poderoso now causes Celestial Brew to increase your Armor by 50% (was 25%) for 8 seconds (was 7 seconds), and causes Purifying Brew to have a 35% chance to not consume a charge (was 25%).
- Enfoque confuso healing increased by 20% (was 15%) and mana cost reduced by 20% (was 15%).
PALADIN Protection Retribution PRIEST Holy Shadow ROGUE Forajido Subtlety
- Xuen's Battlegear critical strike chance increased by 50% (was 30%) and Puños de furia cooldown reduced by 5 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).
SHAMAN Mejora Restoration WARLOCK Demonology Destruction WARRIOR
- El podrido now causes Backstab to deal 50% increased damage (was 30%).
- Sombras sepulcrales increases all damage dealt by 20% (was 15%) for 15 seconds (was 12 seconds).
Fury Protection Player versus Player Jeron Fulgor
Arremetida duradera's chance to apply the Machaque colosal effect increased to 25% (was 15%) and duration increased to 6 seconds (was 5 seconds).
- Señor de la batalla now triggers from Overpower (was Embate) and reduces the Rage cost of your next Golpe mortal by 15 Rage (was 12).
- Exploiter's Mortal Strike damage bonus increased to 50% (was 25%) and the damage bonus for Venthyr Warriors increased to 36% (was 18%).
– Horde Tower Mage
Isla de la Conquista
- Bola de Fuego now deals 8% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Nova de combustión now deals 15% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Ignición now deals 1% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Bomba viva initial spell now deals 5% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Bomba viva explosion now deals 15% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Bomba viva no longer causes a knockback when exploding.
- Explosión de magma cast by Jeron's summoned Furia de lava now deals 5% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
Conquista del Invierno
- Lanzagujas health has been increased by 40%.
- Alliance and Comandante de la Horda health increased by 50%.
- Demoledor health increased by 25%.
- Catapulta health increased by 100%.
- The amount of siege damage required to break down keep walls has been increased by 20%.
Classes DEMON HUNTER
- Broken Temple and Sunken Ring Workshops are now controlled by the attacking team when the battle starts.
- Wintergrasp Wall, Wintergrasp Fortress Wall, and Wintergrasp Fortress Gate health has been reduced by 20%.
- Destroying Towers reduces match time by 8 minutes (was 5 minutes).
- Máquina de asedio's Carrera de vapor ability deals 20-35% of a player's health (was 30-45%).
- Demoledor's Lanzar roca ability deals 20-25% of a player's health (was 36%).
- Demoledors will now more consistently deal siege damage when striking fortress walls and towers.
- After 5 minutes, all players in the battleground who do not have a rank (including players who join late) will now be granted the rank of Cabo.
DRUID HUNTER MAGE PALADIN Protection Retribution
Corrected an issue that was causing Agarre de Illidan (PvP Talent) recast effect to not toss the target.
PRIEST ROGUE Subtlety SHAMAN
- Fixed an issue that was causing the resurrection bonus from Reprensión definitiva (PvP Talent) to not be applied to the Paladín when an ally died.
- Maleficio now interrupts players that are channeling to capture a PvP objective if the player is susceptible to Maleficio.
- Amplificar maldición (PvP Talent) cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 45 seconds).
- Círculo de lanzamiento (PvP Talent) no longer causes Unending Resolve to stop granting its interrupt immunity.
- Armadura demoníaca (PvP Talent) increases Armor by 160% (was 90%).
Fixed an issue where Contagio rápido (PvP Talent) could be used while under the effects of crowd control abilities.
- Fixed an issue that caused Avanzada (PvP Talent) to be incorrectly consumed by reflected damage procs and area of effect spells.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- A new account-wide unlock has been added to Ve'nari that reveals teleport nodes on all the long walkable chains in Torghast so you can quickly cross the chains and no longer have to face your fear of heights.
- Reduced the health and amount of Anima Devourers required for Stage 1 of the Winged Soul Eaters Hunt.
- A brief description of each wing is now available before embarking on any given Torghast run.
- To better increase your odds of success, a recommended item level will now be displayed when selecting which Layer difficulty to attempt.
- Reduced the amount of enemies on multiple floors.
- Anima Powers
Piedra del parlamento increases speed by 50% (was 30%) and now also increases dodge chance by 25%. Can be obtained 1 time (was 2).
- New Anima Power: Desolate Chitin (Uncommon) – Modelar carne absorbs 50% more damage. Can be obtained 3 times.
- Costura malévola increases your primary stat by 20% (was 8%) and is now Uncommon rarity (was Poco común). Can be obtained 1 time (was 3).
- Fémur musofóbico has been removed.
VENTHYR DEATH KNIGHT DEMON HUNTER DRUID
- New Anima Power: Frigid Wildseed (Epic) – Activating Soulshape stuns enemies within 12 yards of the departure and destination location for 6 seconds. Can be obtained 1 time.
- New Anima Power: Ethereal Wildseed (Uncommon) – Forma de alma and Visto y no visto heal you for 20% of your maximum health. Can be obtained 2 times.
- Niebla pegajosa and Sueños cristalizados have been removed.
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused Druids to remain in a stunned state if they died while inside Cuidador de vainas (Dreamweaver Soulbind).
PRIEST ROGUE SHAMAN WARLOCK WARRIOR WoW Companion App
- New Anima Power: Gravity Dynamo (Epic) – Golpeando, Rooting, or Incapacitating enemies grants you 50% extra damage to fire, arcane, and frost spells for 8 seconds.
- New Anima Power: Chronomancer's Hourglass (Poco común) – During Alter Time, you and your Reflejos gain Distorsión temporal.
- New Anima Power: Sorceror's Frozen Soul (Poco común) – Bloque de hielo has no cooldown.
- New Anima Power: Incanter's Ward (Uncommon) – Damage absorbed by your Barreras grants up to 20% increased Intellect, based on the amount absorbed.
- New Anima Power: Eldritch Teachings (Common) – Piroexplosión, Aluvión, and Tromba Arcana damage increased by 25%.
- Hoja dimensional now refreshes your Traslación cooldown when blinking through an enemy, and blinking through Mawrats will kill them instantly (was blinking through a Mawrat will instantly kill it and grant 3 charges of Traslación).
- Prisma de zafiro now summons 2 additional Reflejos per stack (was 1) and is now Common rarity.
- Congelación insidiosa now functions without Calcetines siempre cálidos, and can now be acquired at any time.
- Tormentos persistentes (Venthyr) increases damage of Espejos de tormento by 50% (was 10%).
- Malevolencia (Venthyr) now causes Espejos de tormento's cooldown to reset if the target dies while afflicted (was: Espejo damage had to be the killing blow).
- Enseñanzas tétricas, Alma gélida del hechicero, Reloj de arena de cronomántico, and Queso atrayente have been removed.
- Changed the expansion select button action to a tap and added a button to switch expansions in the menu.
Developers' note: We received feedback that players were having trouble remembering the expansion switch tutorial so we simplified the action and added a second way to switch expansions.
Clarified the region and character select flow.
- Developers' note: We changed the flow based on feedback to help clarify and resolve the wrong region being selected versus having no characters in a region.
Fixed an issue where news articles didn't show content when the phone's language did not match the article's language.
Fixed an issue with duplicate Missions and Callings.
Various updates to Adventures.
To view all content update notes, click here
.For World of Warcraft customer support, please visit our Support Site
or our Customer Support discussion forum
. If you've found a bug, please let us know about it in our Bug Report Forum
.Back to Top