All classes now have Anima Powers and can venture into Torghast.
- Many classes have received new Anima Powers that affect their Covenant Class abilities.
- Torment Update!
Torments no longer scale with time.
- Torments are now additional challenges based on the floor types you have encountered on this run.
Developers’ notes: We’ve heard your feedback that Torments were adding too much time pressure. The Jailer may still torment you on higher levels of Torghast, but Torments will not scale with time.
Breath of Coldheart now increases the health of enemy monsters by a flat percentage based on the number of Coldheart Interstitia floors climbed.
Mort’regar’s Echoes now increase the Magic damage enemy monsters inflict by a flat percentage based on the number of Mort’regar floors climbed.
Might of the Upper Reaches now increases the Physical damage enemy monsters inflict by a flat percentage based on the number of Upper Reaches floors climbed.
Rewards and Access
- Developers’ notes: The changes above were inspired by feedback that Torments that reduce your power feel worse than torments that affect your enemies. As always, we will continue to tune and keep a close eye on difficulty.
- Legendary materials now only drop from cell block runs, not from the Twisting Corridors.
Developers’ notes: Looting a Resonating Chest may generate a message that says that you have received “bonus materials” for a “timely completion”. This is an artifact from a previous design that has since been removed, and can be ignored.
Chests in the Twisting Corridors now drop Twisted Dust, which will be used for cosmetic rewards.
Portals to the six cell blocks (not the Twisting Corridors) now take you to fully-randomized 6-block runs, rather than the pre-set quest run. This includes a Wayfinder on floor 1 that allows you to choose your difficulty.
Two of Torghast’s six cell blocks are open per week. For testing purposes, the available blocks will change daily. They will change weekly in the final version of the game.
Access to the Twisting Corridors will always be available in addition to the two theme blocks.
- Developers’ notes: Players who seek Legendary materials alone can do so in Torghast’s cell blocks, and can earn more materials by climbing higher. Players who are looking for cosmetics, or who simply want to play without pressure, can do so in the Twisting Corridors.
- This build includes many bug fixes. Thank you very much for your bug reports!
- Remember: Alpha is alpha. Things will still change, especially rewards, tuning, and Torghast’s interaction with outside systems.
- We really appreciate all of your testing and feedback.