Today is the day for our Hearthstone Closed Beta patch! This patch also includes the account wipe, so when the servers are available for play once more, you’ll be starting again as if you were a new player. For more information on the wipe itself, please revisit our Account Wipe Incoming blog post, found here
. Now, onto the patch notes! General
- The maximum level is now 60, and you can earn XP in any game mode up to max level.
- Chat has been rejiggered.
- Gold gained in Play mode has changed from 5 gold per 5 wins to 10 gold per 3 wins.
- You can now acquire Golden Basic minions at higher experience levels.
- Arena rewards now give less dust and more cards.
- More gold is guaranteed at 5 & 6 Arena wins.
- At 9 Arena wins, you are now guaranteed an extra pack or a Golden card.
- The animations for Secrets and Fatigue have been sped up dramatically.
- All cards now have flavor text when you view them in your collection.
- “Spell Power +1” has been renamed “Spell Damage +1”.
- Heroes can be unlocked in any mode (Play/Arena/Practice)
- Play, Practice and Friendly Play modes will now default to the custom deck selection UI if you've previously created a deck
- You can now click on chat bubbles to respond
- Social – When your friends complete an Arena run or get a Legendary card in a pack, you’ll be notified so you can tell them, “Grats!”
- Quests that required you to win with a class now give you a choice between 2 classes.
- Crafting Mode – If you want to craft or disenchant cards, we have a new UI for this. Click the “Crafting Mode” button to check it out.
- Credits – Now you can see who’s behind all this nonsense.
- Options – Our Game Menu and Options screen have a new look! And you can also re-play the cinematic!
- Open Next Pack – Hit Spacebar after you open a pack to quickly unwrap your next one.
- Many Golden cards have new animations! More to come! Check out Gelbin Mekkatorque!
- Added event to transform coin into a card in your hand if you are going second
- Support for custom fonts in Russian and Polish has been added
- ’s – Is now a 0/3 and has a new power: At the end of your turn, restore 6 Health to a damaged character.
- now only gives adjacent minions Taunt.
- – Now a 2/2 (was a 1/3).
- – The cost reduction has been reduced from 2 to 1.
- is now Rare.
- is now Common.
- has a new visual to remind you about his venomous power.
- has 1 more Attack.
- has 1 less Attack.
- is now 9/7 (was 10/6).
- now gains +2 Attack per heal.
- is now a 4/1 with ‘Battlecry: Gain +1 Health for each card in your hand.’
- is now a 5/4 with ‘Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1.’
- now has 1 less Attack.
- now has 1 less Health.
- now has a Battlecry effect instead of an ongoing effect.
- has a new visual effect.
- costs 2 Mana (down from 3).
- now creates 0/2 minions.
- has 1 more Attack.
- - Now costs 1 (down from 2).
- – Now also doubles the damage and healing of your Hero Power.
- has been replaced with a new card:
Shadow Word: Death – (3) Destroy a minion with an Attack of 5 or more.
– now a 4/5 (up from 3/4).
has a new power – Give a minion +2 Health. Draw a card. has been replaced with a new card:
- Holy Fire – (6) Deal 5 damage. Restore 5 Health to your hero.
has 1 more Health.Warlock
- costs 0 (down from 2).
- - Now a 5/6 with ‘Battlecry: Deal 5 damage to your hero’.
- – New text: Deal 2 damage to an undamaged minion.
- – Now reduces next spell cost by 3 (up from 2).
- costs 2 Mana (up from 1).
- has 1 less Health.
- costs 1 Mana (up from 0).
- costs 3 Mana (up from 2).
- has a new visual to remind you about his power.
- Hero Power – No longer has the ability to buff a currently equipped weapon.
- is now a 2/2, but no longer has Stealth.
- can no longer be cast on heroes.
- costs 9 (up from 8).
- can now only hit minions.
- ’s Healing option now only restores 5 Health. (down from 8)
- costs 1 (down from 3), and must target a single minion.
- – No longer a 1-turn only effect.
- – Now only eats your own Beasts.
- has 1 more Health.
- ’s +2 Attack effect no longer goes away at the end of the turn.
- costs 3 (up from 2), and also counts damaged heroes.
- has 1 more Attack.
- now costs 2 (up from 1) and also draws you a card.
- ’s Frog is now a Beast.
- no longer heals heroes.
Fixed multiple issues with incorrectly copying minions with buffs.
- is now correctly reduces a minion’s health to 1.
- Fixed an issue with replaying cards returned to your hand causing a game halt.
- Playing now creates an entry in the game history.
- no longer triggers if there are no legal targets.
- now protects the hero from incremental damage.
- ’s ability now correctly increases ’s attack value.
- Fixed an issue where playing a minion before ’s battlecry goes off caused a game halt.
- Playing when the opponent has an empty hand no longer gives you a card.
- ’s ability will no longer trigger when a minion is copied to your hand.
Fixed an issue where disenchanting cards too quickly caused the Arcane Dust counter to display the incorrect value.
- Fixed an issue where gold amounts were showing the wrong value.
- Replaying a minion that previously had health/attack modifications now shows the correct stats as it enters play.
- The Arena AMM wheel should no longer disappear when you find a match.
- Fixed an issue where the Spell Power visual effect could linger in your hand.
- Quickly playing minions as card draw effects are occurring no longer causes cards to stack in your hand.
- The opponent’s targeting arrow should now be appearing from the correct location.
- The visual effect for silence is now appearing over the targeted minion.
- Fixed an issue where spell animations would loop when multiple triggers occurred.
- Fixed an issue where the hero power button could become tilted.
The announcer’s VO for both players should now be audible in the Arena.
- Fixed an issue where the druid AI did not play their choice cards correctly.
- Fixed an issue where sound effects would loop while in-game or in the Collection Manager.
- Master Volume now also affects music volume.
- A toast with your own name should no longer appear on login.
- The “farming” area of the Pandaria board will now allow you to spawn three radishes.
Many bug fixes have also been included with this patch as well, so if you unearth another pesky bug, don’t forget to post them on our Bug Forums
here. Our Technical Support forums for both PC
are also available if you are having problems with graphics or the Hearthstone software itself.Opt-in to the Hearthstone closed beta here