Patch 6.0.2, the pre-expansion patch for Warlords of Draenor™ is now available for testing on the Public Test Realms (PTR)! Participating on the Public Test Realms lets you test content and features before it's available on the live realms. If you'd like to help test and provide feedback, you can start by copying a character and setting up the PTR game client by selecting PTR from the account/game region dropdown list in the Battle.net Desktop App. Once you've had a chance to try things out, be sure to visit our PTR Discussion forum to discuss the patch, and the PTR Bug Report forum to report any issues or errors.
For more information about Beta testing for Warlords of Draenor and how you can opt in for a chance to participate in the Beta test, check out World of Warcraft®: Warlords of Draenor™ Beta Test Begins!PTR Disclaimers
- Please keep in mind that the notes below are not final, and a great deal could change before the release of Patch 6.0.2.
- Not all the content listed may be available for testing or may only be available during a limited testing window. Keep an eye on the PTR Discussion forum for further details.
New Character Models
- Character models for races from the original game Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, and Draenei have been overhauled with an increase to fidelity and texture resolution; while retaining the core look and feel of the originals. (Click here to see Wowhead's playlist of new character models).
- Character animations have been updated to have more personality and now support expressive facial expressions. Emotes are now more emotive!
- Some of the new and improved character models can be viewed on our website.
- The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.
- Adventurers looking to dislodge the Iron Horde’s attempts to establish a foothold on Azeroth should visit the Blasted Lands.
- A specially revamped five-player version of Upper Blackrock Spire is available to level-90 characters for a limited time, and sets the stage for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde.
- (Click here to see Wowhead's preview of the event)
- Group Finder received an upgrade and expanded to facilitate players trying to create groups for both PvE and PvP content. Browsing or creating a Premade Group can be done via Group Finder (Bound to the I key by default) or the Player vs. Player pane (Bound to the H key by default.)
- For an in-depth explanation of Premade Groups, check out Premade Groups: Looking for Adventure.
- The quest log has been integrated into the world map to make it easier to know where to go and what to do.
- Quest items no longer take up space in the inventory and are accessed through the Quest Tracker.
- Quest tracker now orders quests based on proximity to the character by default.
- Items in the inventory now have a colored border around them to indicate their quality from Poor (grey) to Legendary (orange).
- Tradeskill materials now stack up to 200 (up from 20).
Bag Sorting and Cleanup
- Fun items accumulated through the course of travels now have a new home in the Toy Box. Eligible items can be learned by right-clicking on the item in the inventory. Once learned, the item is available account-wide and accessible to all characters on the account.
- Want to complete the collection? Like the Mount and Pet Journal, items that haven’t been unlocked yet will show information on how the item can be obtained.
- Toys awarded from quests will be automatically added to the Toy Box.
- (Click here to see Wowhead's guide to the Toy Box.)
- Bags can now be assigned to a specific item type (Equipment, Consumables, and Trade Goods). The bag will display a mini-icon showing what type of item it's assigned to.
- Added a "Clean up Bags" button to automatically sort items in the character’s inventory, moving all empty slots to one area, and automatically sorting items to the correct bag. There’s also the option to ignore a bag from cleanup.
New Void Storage Tab
- A Reagent Bank tab has been added to the Bank providing storage for raw materials.
- Characters can now craft using the materials stored in both their Reagent Bank and Bank from anywhere.
- Characters can visit the bank to unlock the new Reagent Bank tab providing additional storage space for profession materials.
- Characters can now purchase an additional tab for Void Storage. That’s an extra 98 spaces!
Character and Class Changes
Introduction to Character and Class Changes
Welcome to a look at character and class changes. We're trying a new patch note format, which we hope will help better convey the reasoning for many of the changes being made and what they mean for you, while providing more background into issues we're trying to solve.
Please be aware that the patch notes are preliminary and not final. Details may change before retail release.
Looking for a TL;DR summary of the character and class changes? Here you go!
- Character stats have been squished into smaller numbers that are easier to understand. It's important to understand that this is not a nerf as enemies' stats have been squished as well.
- Balanced functionality of Agility, Strength and Intellect.
- New secondary stats: Bonus Armor, Multistrike, and Versatility.
- Hit and Expertise have been removed; they're no longer needed in order to reliably land attacks!
- The pacing of healing has been adjusted to allow for more tactical decision-making regarding efficiency and throughput, on both single-target and multi-target heals. Passive and auto-targeted healing have been reduced in effectiveness in order to emphasize the actions and choices of healers.
- Racial traits have been rebalanced so that all races have similar combat performance.
- All classes have had several abilities pruned, with a focus on redundant and less-used abilities to cut down on button and keybind bloat.
- Amount of crowd-control in the game (primarily PvP) has been drastically reduced. Many crowd-control abilities have been removed, and many diminishing returns categories have been merged together.
- Several common buffs and debuffs have been merged, or removed, where they were redundant.
- All characters now learn some important Major Glyphs automatically as they level up.
- Toned down the amount of instant healing in the game by giving cast times to several instant cast heals.
- For Tanks, Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed Resolve.
- Resolve does not increase outgoing damage, but does now increases tank self-healing and absorption based on damage taken.
- Facing requirements (character positioning) on some prominent abilities have been loosened or removed.
- Reduced Mana cost of Resurrection spells to make it a little easier to recover from a wipe.
- Professions no longer have combat benefit perks tied to them.
- A multitude of class-specific changes, things like improved distinction between different Talent specializations, and new Masteries. Please consult class-specific sections below for more information.
Character progression is one of the defining characteristics of a role-playing game. Naturally, that means that we're continuously adding more power to the game for players to acquire. After 4 expansions and over 9 years of this growth, we've gotten to a point where the numbers involved are no longer easy to grasp. And worse, much of the granularity that's available is tied up in tiers of older content from Núcleo de magma
to Alma de dragón
, none of which are really relevant anymore. It's no longer necessary for Tundra Boreal
quest gear to be nearly twice as powerful as Tormenta Abisal
quest gear, even though the two zones are only a couple of levels apart.
In order to bring things down to an understandable level, we've reduced the scale of stats throughout the game, back to as if they continued scaling linearly through questing content from levels 1 to 90. This applies to creatures, spells, abilities, consumables, gear, other items... everything. Your stats and damage have been reduced by a huge amount, but so have creatures' health. For example, your Bola de Fuego
that previously hit a creature for 450,000 out of its 3,000,000 health (15% of its health), may now hit that same creature for 30,000 out of its 200,000 health (still 15% of its health). In effect, you will still be just as powerful, but the numbers that appear will be more easily parsed.
It's important to understand that this isn't a nerf, and we have special handling in place to preserve players' existing ability to solo old content. Players will deal bonus damage against lower-level creatures from past expansions, and will take reduced damage from them.
We've also removed all base damage on player spells and abilities, and adjusted Attack Power or Spell Power scaling as needed, so that all specializations will scale at the same rate.
- The amount of stats on items has been reduced to be much lower than before.
- Creature stats have been reduced to compensate.
We've also streamlined the multitude of various types of Haste and Critical Strike bonuses.
- Spell Haste, Melee Haste, and Ranged Haste have been merged into a universal Haste %.
- Spell Crit, Melee Crit, and Ranged Crit have been merged into a universal Crital Strike chance.
Primary Character Stats and Attack Power
The "primary" stats, Agility, Strength, and Intellect, are foundations of a character's power. But they have not been created equally, making it difficult to properly balance them against secondary stats. The leading reason for this is that Agility and Intellect also provide Critical Strike chance, in addition to Attack Power or Spell Power, whereas Strength does not. In order to achieve better balance, we've removed the Critical Strikechance increase from Agility and Intellect. Still, it felt like Agility-based characters should critically strike more often, so we've raised those classes' baseline Critical Strike chance to compensate.
- Agility no longer provides an increased chance to critically strike with melee and ranged attacks or abilities.
- Intellect no longer provides an increased chance to critically strike with spells.
- The base chance to critically strike is now 5% for all classes. There are no longer different chances to critically strike with melee, ranged, and spells.
- There is a new passive, named Golpes críticos, which increases chance to critically strike by 10%.
It is learned by all Rogues, all Hunters, Feral and Guardian Druids, Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks, and Enhancement Shaman.
"The "primary" stats, Agility, Strength, and Intellect, are foundations of a character's power. But they have not been created equally, making it difficult to properly balance them against secondary stats." We've consolidated the way that Attack Power and Spell Power function and scale, to make those values clearer and correct some scaling issues regarding caster weapons relative to physical weapons.
- Each point of Agility or Strength now grants 1 Attack Power (down from 2). All other sources of Attack Power now grant half as much as before.
- Weapon Damage values on all weapons have been reduced by 50%.
- Attack Power now increases Weapon Damage at a rate of 1 DPS per 3.5 Attack Power (up from 1 DPS per 14 Attack Power).
- Attack Power, Spell Power, or Weapon Damage now affect the entire healing or damage throughput of player spells.
mitigation has worked very well as a tanking model. So, moving forward we want to keep the amount of Dodge and Parry on tanks on the low side. This helps prevent encounters from causing very spiky damage on tanks, which generally isn't much fun. Dodge and Parry gains from Strength and Agility are being reduced to help accomplish this. Additionally, items in Warlords of Draenor will not have Dodge or Parry on them as a stat. Some Dodge and Parry can still be gained through class-specific effects.
- The amount of Dodge gained per point of Agility has been reduced by 25%.
- The amount of Parry gained per point of Strength has been reduced by 25%.
We're making a number of changes to itemization based on a single philosophy: We want to increase the chance that any given item drop is useful to someone in your group. To support this philosophy we're making a few changes to stats. Most items found in Draenor will work for all specializations within a given class, so that you never have to grumble when you see, for example, Intellect plate drop in a group that lacks a Holy Paladin
We're also reducing the number of role-specific stats: Hit and Expertise are gone, as are Dodge and Parry as stats on items, replaced with a single tank stat of Bonus Armor. Armor and Spirit will be specific to tanks and healers respectively, but all other secondary stats will have universal appeal.
Because of the magnitude of this change, we're retroactively applying this philosophy to items in Mists of Pandaria. After the pre-expansion patch you may find that some of your items contribute different stats, but they should still be good for your class.General
- New secondary stats added:
Bonus Armor: Increases Armor and Attack Power for tanking specializations.
- Multistrike: Grants a chance for spells and abilities to fire up to 2 additional times, at 30% effectiveness (both damage and healing).
- Versatilidad: Increases damage, healing, and absorption done. Reduces damage taken.
Hit and Expertise on all items have been replaced with a universally useful secondary stat.
Stats that are not useful to your current class specialization will be grayed out in the tooltip rather than green, and will not be counted on your character stat sheet.
Mists of Pandaria and Future Items
Spirit for non-healing specializations Bonus Armor for non-tanking specializations Strength for Agility/Intellect-users Agility for Strength/Intellect-users Intellect for Strength/Agility-users For example, Intellect on a cloak will be greyed out for all Guerrero specializations and they will not receive an increase to Intellect if equipped. However, if the same cloak is equipped by a Mago; Intellect will show up as green and they'll receive the increase to their Intellect.
Warlords of Draenor and Future Items
- Dodge and Parry have been replaced with Bonus Armor. If an item had both Dodge and Parry on it, it has been replaced with an additional useful secondary stat.
- Head, Chest, Hand, Wrist, Waist, Leg, Feet, Weapon, Shield, and Off-hand items that had tanking stats (Dodge, Parry) or healer stats (Spirit) have been replaced with a different universally useful secondary stat.
- Plate Armor pieces will always have Strength and Intellect on it.
- Mail and Leather Armor pieces will always have Agility and Intellect on it.
In an effort to reduce the physical mitigation of some classes, we've modified the amount of Armor provided by some armor types.
- Plate, Mail, and Shields now have less Armor relative to Cloth and Leather armor.
Hit and Expertise Removal
Hit and Expertise were not fun stats. They acted to remove a penalty, instead of making you stronger. Most players treated Hit/Expertise caps as mandatory (rightfully so), with failure to reach those caps as a trap of sorts. After adjusting, gemming, and reforging gear to meet that cap, players could then go after the actual damage-increasing stats. We decided to remove Hit and Expertise, and make it so you don't need them. We still want melee specializations to attack creatures from behind when possible, so attacks from the front will have a 3% chance to be parried that cannot be eliminated for non-tanking specializations.
Hit and Expertise has been removed as a secondary stat.
Hit and Expertise bonuses on all items and item enhancements (gems, enchants, etc.) have been converted into Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery.
All players now have a 100% chance to hit, 0% chance to be dodged, 3% chance to be parried, and 0% chance to glance, when fighting creatures up to 3 levels higher (bosses included).
Tanking specializations receive an additional 3% reduction in chance to be parried, so tank attacks have a 0% chance to be parried vs. creatures up to 3 levels higher.
- Creatures that are 4 or more levels higher than you still have a chance to avoid your attacks in various ways, so as to discourage you from attempting to fight enemies that are much stronger than you.
- Dual Wielding still imposes a 19% chance to miss, so as to balance it with two-handed weapon use.
Hit and Expertise bonuses on all items and item enhancements (gems, enchants, etc.) have been converted into Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery. Caballero de la Muerte
- now increases your critical strike chance, Multistrike chance, haste, and Stamina by 10% (up from 9% to Stamina only), reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%, and increases the damage of Golpe letal by 100%.
- Equilibrio de poder has been removed. A new level-100 talent with the same name has been added.
- Nature's Focus no longer increases the chance to hit with Fuego lunar and Cólera.
- Pellejo grueso now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- Hit, Expertise, or Haste from items by 50%, causes Patada giratoria de la grulla to heal allies instead of dealing damage, and now causes Haste to reduce global cooldown of the Monje's abilities.
- Aplazar now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3% and also provides the benefits of and .
- has been removed.
- Spiritual Precision has been removed.
- no longer increases the chance to hit with spells.
- Salvaguardia now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
Secondary Stat Attunements (New Section)
A new concept that we're introducing is each specialization having an attunement to a particular secondary stat. These take the form of a passive ability that grants a 5% increase to the amount of a specific secondary stat gained. This provides a good starting point for where to focus your secondary stats. Usually, it will be your highest throughput stat (not counting Spirit for Healers, and Bonus Armor for Tanks, which is an optimal secondary stat in most cases). There are exceptions, and raw throughput may not even be the biggest concern in some situations. Trato
this as a guideline, not a rule, about which secondary stat to favor.
All specializations now receive a 5% bonus to specific secondary stat bonuses received from all sources. This bonus is granted through new passive abilities or additional effects added to existing passive abilities.
- New passive abilities granting a 5% bonus to specific secondary stat bonuses received from equipped items have been added for all specializations.
- Caballero de la Muerte
- Beast Mastery:
- Combat: Haste
- Subtlety: Multistrike
Player Health and Resilience
We're planning several interconnected changes designed to provide better-tuned gameplay for healers and improve the healing dynamic in PvP.
The high amount of base Resilience and PvP Rules Enabled (HARDCODED)
in Mists of Pandaria caused characters to feel much weaker in PvP than they did in PvE. To address this disparity, we're approaching Warlords of Draenor with the goal of shrinking that gap as much as possible. To reduce dependence on Resilience, we needed to increase player survivability against other players, and we chose to do this by essentially doubling (post-squish) player health.
On its own, that increase in health would make players more survivable in the world at large, so we're also increasing creature damage and the effectiveness of healing spells to balance things out. The net result of these changes is that individual attacks will knock a smaller chunk off of a player's health pool in PvP, but your survivability in PvE remains unaffected.
Doubling player health gave us room to reduce Resilience and PvP Rules Enabled (HARDCODED)
, but our goal was to be able to remove them entirely. In order to achieve that, we're also reducing PvP spike damage across the board by lowering Critical Damage and Critical Heals against players in PvP to 150% of their normal effect (down from 200%). The changes have allowed us to reduce base Resilience to 0%, and Battle Fatigue to 20%.
Our hope is that these changes allow us to reduce Base Resilience and Battle Fatigue to 0%. It’s possible that we’ll still find a need for some minor amount of Base Resilience and/or Battle Fatigue, and we’ll be testing these changes extensively and adjusting as needed.Changes to PvP
Changes to Health Pools
- Base Resilience has been reduced to 0%.
- PvP Rules Enabled (HARDCODED) has been reduced to 20% (down from 60%).
removed. PvP combat no longer reduces the amount of healing received by participants.
- Critical Damage and Critical Heals in PvP combat now deal 150% of the normal spell/ability effects (down from 200%).
- Amount of health gained per Stamina point has been doubled. The curve on this calculation has been smoothed out as well, so exact amount varies slightly by level.
- Maximum mana has been doubled at all levels to keep pace with expected increases to maximum health from new Stamina values.
- All consumables now restore twice as much health and mana.
- All creatures had their melee damage doubled. Most creature spells and abilities have had their damage doubled as well.
Retuning Healing Spells
One of our goals for healing is to tone down the raw throughput of healers relative to the size of player health pools. Currently, as healers and their allies acquire better and better gear, the percentage of a player's health that any given heal restores increases significantly. As a result, healers are able to refill health bars so fast that we have to make damage more and more “bursty” in order to challenge them. Ideally, we want players to spend some time below full health without having healers feel like their groupmates are in danger of dying at any moment. We also think that healer gameplay would be more varied, interesting, and skillful if your allies spent more time between 0% and 100%, rather than just getting damaged quickly to low health, forcing the healer to then scramble to get them back to 100% as quickly as possible.To that end, we're buffing heals less than we're increasing player health. Heals will be deliberately less potent compared to health pools than before the item squish. Additionally, as gear improves, the scaling rates of health and healing will now be very similar, so the relative power of any given healing spell shouldn't climb so much over the course of this expansion. For those concerned about what this means for raiding, don't worry—we're taking all of these changes into account when designing Raid content for Warlords of Draenor.
It's also important to note that spells that heal based on a percentage of maximum health are being effectively buffed by the massive increase to player health pools, so we're lowering those percentages to offset the effect. That may make them appear to have been nerfed—however, the net result is that those percentage-based heals stay about the same as before relative to other heals.
All of these changes apply to damage-absorption shields as well. Additionally, we're toning down the power of damage absorption in general. When they get too strong, absorption effects are often used in place of direct healing, instead of as a way to supplement it. We will, of course, take these changes into account when tuning specializations that rely heavily on absorbs, such as Discipline Priests. "We want healers to care about who they're targeting and which heals they're using..." We also took a look at healing spells that were passive or auto-targeted (so-called "smart" heals). We want healers to care about who they're targeting and which heals they're using, so that their decisions matter more. To that end, we're reducing the healing of many passive and auto-targeted heals, and making smart heals a little less smart. Smart heals will now randomly pick any injured target within range instead of always picking the most injured target. Priority will still be given to players over pets, of course.
Another of our goals for healing in this expansion is to strike a better balance between single-target and multi-target healing spells. We've taken a close look at the mana efficiency of our multi-target heals, and in many cases, we're reducing their efficiency, usually by reducing the amount they heal. Sometimes, but more rarely, raising their mana cost was a better decision. We want players to use multi-target heals, but they should only be better than their single-target equivalents when they heal more than two players without any overhealing. This way, players will face a meaningful choice between whether to use a single-target heal or a multi-target heal based on the situation.
Finally, we're removing the low-throughput, low-mana-cost heals like Nutrir
, Luz Sagrada
, Heal, and Ola de sanación
, because we think that while they do add complexity, they don't truly add depth to healing gameplay. (We're also renaming some spells to re-use those names. For example, Greater Healing Wave is being redubbed Ola de sanación
.) However, we still want healers to think about their mana when deciding which heal to cast, and so the mana costs and throughputs of many spells are being altered to give players a choice between spells with lower throughput and lower cost versus spells with higher throughput and higher costs. Here are some examples from each healer class.
All of this discussion of efficiency may cause most healers to start worrying about mana regeneration and their mana pool. To allay those concerns, we've increased base mana regeneration a great deal at early gear levels, while having it scale up less at later gear levels. This will make all of these changes play well even in early content such as Heroic Dungeons and the first tier of Raid content, and also play well in the final Raid tier without mana and efficiency becoming irrelevant due to extremely high regeneration values. "...we've increased base mana regeneration a great deal at early gear levels, while having it scale up less at later gear levels."
That's a lot of big changes for healers: reduced throughput, a more deliberate pace, less powerful “smart” heals, weaker absorbs, fewer spells, and a new focus on efficiency decisions. We're confident that we can apply lessons learned from previous expansions to make this the best healer experience yet: more dynamic, less punishing, and frankly a lot more fun.General Changes to Healing
- Smart heals will now randomly pick any injured target within range, instead of always picking the most injured target. Priority will still be given to players over pets.
- Long-cast-time single-target heals, such as Sanación superior and , now cost roughly half as much as fast-cast-time single-target heals, such as Destello de Luz or Oleada de sanación, and heal for roughly the same amount.
- Every class has multiple area healing spells available, some low throughput and efficient, others high throughput and inefficient.
- Area healing spells are tuned to be less efficient than single-target healing spells when they heal 2 or fewer targets, and more efficient when they heal 3 or more targets.
- Spells with cooldowns or limitations may have higher efficiency than the no-cooldown equivalents.
All player-cast healing and absorption effects have been increased by approximately 50% in effectiveness. If they heal or absorb a percentage of maximum health, they are instead reduced by 25%. All other noted changes are in terms relative to that. For example, if another noted change is that "Mega Heal now heals for 40% more," that means that Mega Heal now heals for a total of 210% of what it used to, which is relatively 40% higher compared to other heals.
We want races to have fun and interesting perks, but if those traits are too powerful, players may feel compelled to play a specific race even if it doesn't suit their aesthetic preference. For example, Trolls' Berserking ability was extremely powerful, and their Matanza de bestias
passive was often irrelevant, but occasionally tremendously powerful compared to other racial passives. On the other end of the spectrum, many races had few or no performance affecting perks. We also needed to replace or update a number of racials that previously granted Hit or Expertise, since those stats have been removed.We decided to bring down the couple high outliers, then establish a fair baseline and bring everyone else up to that. We achieved that by improving old passives, replacing obsolete ones, and occasionally adding new ones where needed. Our goal with these changes is to reach parity amongst races.
- Elfo de sangre
Agudeza arcana is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.
- Torrente Arcano now restores 20 Runic Power for Caballero de la Muertes (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of mana for Mages, Priests, and Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana]). Other parts of the ability remain unchanged.
- Ofrenda de los naaru now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
- Presencia heroica has been redesigned. It no longer increases Hit by 1%, and instead increases Strength, Agility, and Intellect, scaling with character level.
- Crack Shot has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).
- Mace Specialization (was 1% Expertise with maces) has been replaced with Poderío de la montaña.
- Poderío de la montaña is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing dealt by 2%.
- Forma de piedra now also removes magic and curse effects in addition to poison, disease, and bleed effects, and reduces physical
along with reducing damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds (down from all damage taken). It remains unusable while the Enano is under the effects of crowd control.
- Mente expansiva now increases maximum mana, energy, rage, and Runic Power by 5% instead of only increasing maximum mana.
- Artista del escape's cooldown has been reduced to 1 minute (down from 1.5 minutes).
- Shortblade Specialization (was 1% Expertise with one-handed swords and daggers) has been replaced with Dedos diestros.
- Dedos diestros is a new racial passive ability that increases Haste by 1%.
- Time is Money now grants a 1% increase to Haste (up from only attack speed and spell haste).
Elfo de la noche
- Mace Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with maces).
- has been removed (was 1% Expertise with swords).
- El espíritu humano has been redesigned. It now increases Versatilidad, scaling with character level.
- Presura now also increases movement speed by 2% in addition to increasing Dodge chance by 2%.
- Toque de Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike chance by 1% during the day.
- Axe Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with axes).
- Ordenar now increases pet damage by 1% (down from 2%).
- Firmeza now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).
- Epicúreo now increases the benefit of Well Fed effects by 75% (down from 100%).
- Pujanza is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing done by 2%.
- Robustez now increases Stamina by an amount scaling with character level, instead of increasing Base Health by 5%.
- Rabiar now increases Haste by 15% (down from 20%).
- Matanza de bestias now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20%, instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.
- Dead Eye has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).
- Voluntad de los Renegados's cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
- Undead can now breathe underwater indefinitely.
Ability Pruning and Consolidation
Over the years, we've added significantly more new spells and abilities to the game than we've removed. This has led to the complexity of the game increasing steadily over time, to the point we're at now, where players feel like they need dozens of keybinds. There are many niche abilities which could theoretically be useful in some rare case, but usually are not. There are many abilities that we'd be better off not having. We decided that we needed to make a strong push for paring down the number of abilities each class/spec has. That means making some abilities restricted to certain specs that really need them instead of being class-wide, and outright removing some other abilities. It also includes removing some Spellbook clutter, such as passives that could be merged with others, or with base abilities.
However, this doesn't mean that we want to reduce the depth of gameplay, or "dumb it down.” We still want there to be interesting decisions during combat, and for skill to matter. But, that doesn't require complexity; we can remove some needless complexity and still retain the depth and skill variance.
One type of ability that we focused on is temporary power buffs ("cooldowns"). Removing those also helps achieve one of our other goals, which is to reduce the amount of cooldown stacking in the game. In cases where a class/spec had multiple cooldowns that typically ended up getting used together, often in a single macro, we merged them, or removed some of them.
What abilities and spells got cut is a very, very difficult
question to answer. Every ability is vital to someone, so we don't take this process lightly. We hope that even if we cut your favorite ability, you can see it in the context of our larger goals. It's important to remember that the point of these changes is to increase players' ability to understand the game, not to reduce depth of gameplay. We attempt to prune abilities with the intent to reduce the amount of keybind/macro bloat and merging abilities that served a similar purpose but are otherwise redundant together.Additional Changes
Revised the levels at which class abilities are learned to provide a smoother leveling experience.
Please see the Classes Section for changes specific to each class.
Crowd Control and Diminishing Returns
Another big takeaway from Mists of Pandaria is that there was simply too much crowd control (CC) in the game. To solve that, we knew that we needed an across-the-board disarmament. Here's a summary of the player-cast CC changes:
- Removed Silence effects from all Interrupts. Silencios still exist, but are never attached to an Interrupt.
- Removed all Desarmars.
- Reduced the number of Diminishing Returns (DR) categories.
All Roots now share the same DR category.
Exception: Roots on 'Charge' types of abilities have no DR category, but have a very short duration instead.
All Stuns now share the same DR category.
All Incapacitate ("Cautivar
") effects now share the same DR category, and have been merged with the Horror DR category.
A list of which Diminishing Returns category each crowd-control ability belongs to can be found in the forum thread titled: Diminishing Returns in Warlords of Draenor.
Removed the ability to make crowd-control spells with cast-times into instant-cast with a cooldown.
Removed many crowd-control spells entirely, and increased the cooldowns and restrictions on others.
- Pet-cast CC is more limited and often removed.
- Ciclón can now be dispelled by Inmunidad and Disipación en masa.
- PvP trinkets now grant immunity to reapplication of an effect from the same spell cast when they break abilities with persistent effects like Rayo solar.
- Long fears are now shorter in PvP, to account for the target also needing to run back afterward.
Additionally, we've significantly reduced the number of throughput-increasing cooldowns and procs, in order to further reduce burst damage. Please keep in mind when reading the specifics of the patch notes that some classes may have lost abilities, or had the power of select abilities reduced. These changes were made in the context of the above goals. Other classes have a reduced crowd-control ability overall. We believe that this entire package of changes will make PvP a more enjoyable experience for everyone. Druida Cazador
Concussive Barrage has been removed.
Entrapment's Root effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Root effects. Disparo de dispersión
has been removed. Disparo silenciador
has been removed. Trampa
s and trap launchers no longer have an arming time and can instantly trigger. Trampa
s can no longer be disarmed.
Widow Venom has been removed.Picadura de dracoleón
now has a 1.5 second cast time. Mago Monje
- Adaptación has been removed.
- Puños de furia no longer stuns a target more than once per cast, but now deals 100% increased damage, and always deal full damage to the primary target with additional targets still being affected by the damage split.
- Grapple Weapon has been removed.
- Anillo de paz no longer Silencios or Desarmars enemies. It now incapacitates targets in the area for 3 seconds, or until the target takes damage. The ability now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Cautivar effects.
- Golpe de mano de lanza no longer Silencios the target if they're facing the Monje.
- 's Desorientado effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Cautivar effects.
Sacerdote Pícaro Chamán
- Evil is a Point of View has been removed and replaced with Luz cegadora.
- Arrepentimiento's cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds.
- Ahuyentar el mal's cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds and now has a 6-second duration in PvP (down from 8 seconds).
- can no longer turn Maleficio into an instant-cast spell.
- Bind Elemental has been removed.
- Tótem Pillaterra now shares Diminishing Returns with all other root effects.
- has been removed.
- Maleficio's cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds.
- can no longer reduce the cast time of Maleficio.
- Tótem de tremor is no longer usable while under the effects of Miedo, Embelesar, or Dormir. but its duration has been increased to 10 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
- Bug Fix: Glyph of Shamanistic Rage should no longer cause to incorrectly dispel Aflicción inestable or Toque vampírico that has been modified by the PvP 4-piece set bonus.
: Bloqueo de hechizo
now only interrupts spell casting and no longer Silencio
s the enemy. Espiral mortal
now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Cautivar
: Explosión óptica
now only deals damage and interrupts spell casting. The ability no longer Silencio
s the enemy. Magia abrasadora
's cooldown has been increased to 30 seconds (up from 20 seconds). Súcubo
now have a 30-second cooldown. Guarda terrorífico
no longer casts
when it dies.
's cooldown has been increased to 2 minutes (up from 1 minute). Abisario
and Señor del Vacío
have been removed. Guerrero
- Cargar now Roots the target (instead of stunning). The Root effect does not share a Diminishing Return with other Roots.
- Belisaria now causes Cargar to stun the target for 1.5 seconds instead of rooting it.
- Desarmar has been removed.
- no longer removes movement-impairing effects.
- Grito intimidador now has a 6-second duration in PvP (down from 8 seconds).
Moving quickly has always been a powerful bonus in World of Warcraft; however, the logic of how various movement speed bonuses stack (or don't) has generally been inconsistent and poorly explained. Under the old set-up, each movement speed bonus would become more powerful when combined with another, so we would limit what can stack with what, and prevent certain abilities from being used when another one is already in effect. We decided to change the movement speed system to make it more transparent, with rules about stacking that are easier to understand, and with fewer restrictions.
Previously, multiple movement speed modifiers on you were multiplicative, meaning that if you had two different +25% movement speed bonuses, they resulted in a total movement speed of 56% (1.25*1.25 = 1.56).
Movement speed bonuses have been changed to be additive. The previous example with two different +25% movement speed bonuses would result in a total movement speed of +50%. The logic governing which bonuses stack with others has been simplified as well. "Movement speed bonuses have been changed to be additive."
- Movement speed buffs that are self-only or is a passive effect are considered non-exclusive, and will now all stack together additively.
- Movement speed buffs that are temporary or could be applied to other players are considered exclusive, their effects do not stack, and only the highest bonus gets applied (in addition to non-exclusive movement speed buffs).
Additionally, restrictions that prevented a player with a temporary speed bonus from receiving or activating a second temporary speed bonus have been removed. Both bonuses will now apply to the character, but only the one with the highest magnitude will have any effect.Examples of self-only passive bonuses: Forma felina
, Movement Speed enchants, Presura
racial for Night Elves, Unholy Presence
Examples of shared or temporary bonuses: Pluma angélica
- These will all stack additively with each other.
, Rugido de estampida
- All of these effects can now be applied simultaneously, but only the strongest one will have an effect.
Buffs and Debuffs
All specializations provide some common buffs and debuffs. These are important to the game because they encourage cooperation, make you stronger when you work together with others, and promote Raid composition diversity. However, we saw room to revise these buffs and debuffs. In addition to the above changes, we revised which buffs and debuffs are provided by Cazador
pets. Please see the Hunter Pet Abilities section for a full list of changes.
Two new stats have been added that benefitted all players. Also added were three new debuffs (Weakened Armor, Physical Vulnerability, and Magic Vulnerability) that each benefitted only half of the group. While that could be interesting, the two physical debuffs were redundant, and felt that the two new stats would be better suited as raid buffs. So, we made that replacement. Versatilidad Multistrike
- Monje (Windwalker): is a new passive ability for Windwalker Monks which grants 5% Multistrike to the Monje and all allies within 100 yards.
- Sacerdote (Shadow): now also grants 5% Multistrike.
- Pícaro: now also grants 5% Multistrike.
- Brujo: now grants 5% Multistrike instead of 10% Stamina.
is a new passive ability for Brujos which grants 10% Stamina to the Monje and all allies within 10 yards.
Weakened Blows was a debuff that mattered almost exclusively to tanks, and that every tank automatically applied. We removed the debuff and reduced creature damage to compensate.
The Cast Speed Slow was a debuff type that mattered almost exclusively to PvP, and made combat much less fun for casters in addition to encouraging the use of instant-cast spells. We decided that it was best to remove casting speed debuffs.
The following abilities have been removed.
As part of a push to combine the different types of Haste in the game as much as possible, we merged Spell Haste and Attack Speed into just Haste, which benefits everyone.
- Spell Haste and Attack Speed
The following abilities now provide a 5% increase to melee, ranged, and spell Haste to all Grupo and Raid members (previously they only increased spell Haste).
- Chamán (Elemental): Elemental oath
The following abilities now provide a 5% increase to melee, ranged, and spell Haste to all Grupo
and Raid members (instead of a 10% increase to only melee and ranged attack speed).
Some classes received new abilities to provide some of harder-to-find buffs/debuffs, increasing their utility to the Grupo
or Raid. Other
- is now also learned by Brewmaster Monks, granting a 5% increase to Critical Strike chance for all Grupo and Raid members.
- Forma de lechúcico lunar now grants increased Mastery instead of 5% to Spell Haste.
- is a new passive ability learned by Blood Death Knights.
grants a bonus to Mastery for all allies within 100 yards.
Raid Utility Balance
Various classes bring various abilities that provide utility to parties and raids. We talked about one type of utility in the Buffs and Debuffs section, above. However, there are other types of raid utility, and it's been in need of more attention. In general, raid utility, especially raid-wide defensive cooldowns, had grown too strong. So many classes and specializations had defensive cooldowns that we had to make raid damage extremely high, as raids would be stacking or chaining together multiple cooldowns. We'd like to return to a system where it's the healers who heal through the scary moments, not the damage dealers, for example.
To do so, we've established a new baseline level of raid utility that a specialization should bring, and brought everyone to that new standard by reducing the effects of some abilities, or removing some abilities altogether.Caballero de la MuerteDruidaMagoCazador
- is a new ability for all Cazadors.
: Grupo and raid members within 40 yards take on the aspects of a fox, allowing them to move while casting all spells for 6 seconds. Only one Aspect can be active at a time. 3 minute cooldown.
- is a new spell available to Magos.
amplifies the effects of helpful magic, increasing all healing received by 10% for all party and raid members within 100 yards, and lasts 6 seconds with a 2-minute cooldown.
"...we've established a new baseline level of raid utility...by reducing the effects of some abilities, or removing some abilities altogether." PaladínSacerdote
- Hymn of Hope has been removed.
- Berrido de convocación now increases health by 15% (down from 20%), and is no longer available to Protection Warriors.
- has been removed.
Instant Cast Heals
Over time, healers have gained a bigger and bigger arsenal of heals that they can cast while on the move, which removes the inherent cost that movement is intended to have for them, while also limiting players' ability to counter healing in PvP. This left Silencio
s and crowd control (which we're trying to curb) as the only ways to actually limit an enemy player's healing output. We're still preserving the option to instantly heal, but are reducing the number of instant-cast healing abilities overall. Raid and dungeon encounter damage during high-movement phases will be adjusted accordingly. Here are some examples: Monje
- Vivificar (Mistweaver) now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast) for Holy Paladins.
- En guardia by the Luz (Protection) now also makes and instant cast.
- now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- Luz del alba now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- (Retribution) now also makes and instant cast.
- now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast) but can be cast while moving.
- Halo now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- Rezo de alivio now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
There are many effects in the game which deal periodic damage over time (DoT) or healing over time (HoT). Historically, these have typically done something called “snapshotting”; they were based on your stats at the time that they were cast, and that was used for calculating their effect for their full lifetime. In Mists, if a warlock casts Corruption on an enemy while Heroísmo
is active, that DoT will continue to tick rapidly based on the temporary haste effect, even after Heroísmo
fades. This has led to some gameplay that has both good and bad sides.Snapshotting encourages refreshing those periodic effects when your stats are high, such as when a temporary buff procs. On the upside, there's a high amount of skill involved in maximizing that. On the downside, it's not intuitive, and the skill ceiling is so high that few can reach it without the use of specialized add-ons. To make matters worse, the benefits of maximizing periodic snapshotting is so high that it creates a balance problem. Players maximizing periodic snapshotting (primarily through the use of add-ons) do drastically more damage than intended. If we balance around taking full advantage of snapshotting, then the players who aren't doing so would fall unacceptably far behind in damage output.
Ultimately, we've decided that snapshotting isn't a productive mechanic for the game. The vast majority of periodic effects in the game that snapshotted no longer do so. The only exceptions are ones that do damage based on a percentage of a previous ability's damage (such as the Ignición
from a Fire Mage's Fireball, or the periodic damage on a Windwalker Monk
's Patada oscura
), as they inherently act as a delayed damage multiplier to those abilities. Temporary effects which buff the damage or healing of other spells specifically will continue to do so for their lifetime; for example,
(which increases the damage of the shaman's next fire spell by 40%), when used on a
, will continue to increase the damage of the periodic effect for its entire lifetime, despite being consumed when the
is cast. "The vast majority of periodic effects in the game that snapshotted no longer do so. The only exceptions are ones that do damage based on a percentage of a previous ability's damage..." We still of course want skills and their use to embody interesting choices, and intelligent and skillful use of abilities.
- Periodic damage and healing effects now dynamically recalculate their damage, healing, Critical chance, multipliers, and period on every tick.
Skilled players will still be able to take advantage of temporary power buffs like trinket procs, and you'll still want to cast your hardest hitting spells within those proc durations. The benefits just won't extend outside the trinket procs' duration. As such, this high-skill gameplay is there, it's just rewarded more consistently. For example, a Sacerdote
's trinket procs and an already active Palabra de las Sombras: dolor
will begin dealing more damage the instant the proc effect occurs, but will return to normal when the proc duration ends. Skilled players will be able to play within these proc durations to maximize effect, but it won't be as detrimental to output to anyone who isn't actively and skillfully using them to their full extent.We also made another change to periodic effects. Haste has long affected the tick rate of periodic effects, and their duration has been rounded to whole numbers of ticks, in order to mostly preserve the original duration of the spell. This lead to Haste breakpoints where having specific amounts of Haste would cause certain periodic effects to gain an extra tick. Part of gearing your character involved trying to reach those Haste breakpoints, but not go over by too much. This was a fairly tedious number to manage, which was again mostly handled by add-ons and guides. With some new tech we're now able to calculate the effect of Haste on tick time dynamically. Any fraction of a full period left at the end of an effect will do a tick of damage or healing in proportion to the remaining time. In other words, there are no more Haste breakpoints; Haste now smoothly and accurately affects periodic effects for the entire duration.
"In other words, there are no more Haste breakpoints; Haste now smoothly and accurately affects periodic effects for the entire duration." This also opened up the opportunity to revise how we handle refreshing periodic effects. For the vast majority of spells and abilities, we had a standard rule that any refresh would add the new cast's duration after the next tick of the existing effect. In simpler terms, you can refresh anywhere between the last and second-to-last tick of a DoT or HoT with no loss. Brujo
s had a special passive that changed this logic to allow refreshing with no loss anywhere in the last 50% of a DoT. We liked the flexibility that this provided; though felt it was a bit too powerful. No longer tied to whole tick times, we chose to extend the mechanic that Brujo
s had to all classes, but reduce it to 30%. Everyone can now refresh their periodic effects anywhere in the last 30% of the duration for full benefit, and no lost tick time.
- Recasting periodic damage over time and healing over time effects that are already on the target now extends those effects to up to 130% of the normal duration of the effect.
Tank Vengeance, Resolve, and PvP
The changes to tanking made in Mists of Pandaria turned out quite well, overall. But there were a few rough parts that we're going to smooth over. The biggest one is the offensive capabilities of Venganza
. We like that tanks can provide meaningful DPS to their group, however, it swung wildly based on the fight, even surpassing the dedicated damage dealers occasionally. To solve this, we're going to remove the offensive value of Venganza
, but preserve the defensive value, by making it increase the effect of your active mitigation buttons, instead of Attack Power.
Venganza has been removed and replaced with a new passive ability, .
: Increases your healing and absorption done to yourself, based on
Stamina and damage taken (before avoidance and mitigation) in the last 10 seconds. Without Resolve, Tanks now deal significantly less self-healing and absorption. Resolve has been made much stronger to counteract this, and it increases the amount of self-healing and absorption as appropriate for the fight.
Then, to keep tank DPS meaningful, we'll be raising their damage, since it would be meager with no Vengeance Attack Power (Venganza
accounted for 70-90% of a tank's damage on high-tank-damage fights in Mists). To do that, we're increasing the damage of several prominent tank abilities. For plate-wearing Tank specializations, Contestación
has been redesigned to convert Critical Strike into Parry, a defensive stat. That also helps keep secondary stats balanced in offensive value for them.
Contestación is a passive ability for Blood Death Knights, Protection Paladins, and Protection warriors.
Contestación now gives the character Parry equal to their Critical Strike bonus from gear.
All tanking stances and similar effects now increases threat generated by 900% (up from 600%). Caballero de la Muerte
- Maestría: Escudo de sangre now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- Maestría: Púgil esquivo now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- Brewmasters no longer deal 15% less damage.
- Maestría: Baluarte divino now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- Maestría: Bloqueo crítico now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
Tanks in PvP
Finally, we have the topic of tanks in PvP. Apart from a few niche cases like flag carrying; tanks have been intentionally non-viable in serious PvP for several expansions now. The reason for this was simple: fighting against tanks was very frustrating, not fun. They were near-invincible, had numerous CC abilities (primary stuns), but did little enough damage to not be able to kill you (in most cases, anyway). By excluding them from PvP, we preserved the enjoyment of the rest of the playerbase. However, that has the obvious downside that people who prefer to play tanks are excluded from doing so in PvP.
We decided that we could do better, and satisfy everyone involved. Our other changes to tanks in Warlords of Draenor got us most of the way there. Tanks' damage will already be tuned to be somewhat weaker than damage dealers, but not trivial. We've already removed the additional CC that they had during the CC Disarmament and Ability Pruning. All that remains that makes them frustrating to fight against is their invincibility. So, we're causing tanks to take increased damage in PvP, so that the net result is that they both deal and take somewhat less damage than damage dealers.
Tanks now take 25% additional damage while engaged in PvP combat.
Quality of Life Improvements
Strict facing requirements can be frustrating to deal with, especially in hectic Raid combat or PvP environments. In order to ease this frustration, we decided to remove or significantly loosen the facing requirements of all attacks that required the player to be behind their target.
Being able to quickly understand what an ability does by glancing at the tooltip is of paramount importance to learn how to play with a given class or specialization. We've taken an extensive look at the tooltips for all class abilities, and revised them to be as clear and concise as possible.
In some rare cases, we've removed mention of niche information that we don't think is needed. If that's the case, please note that a change to the ability's tooltip does not mean that functionality has changed. If the change in question is not mentioned in the Patch Notes, there has been no change to the ability.
- Tooltips for nearly all class abilities have been revised for increased clarity.
Another area of gameplay that we polished is how characters are able to sustain their own health, primarily when frequently killing enemies, such as in solo questing.DruidaCazador
- Disparo mortal now heals the Cazador for 15% of maximum health if it kills the target.
- Superviviente is a new passive ability learned by Survival Hunters at level 10:
Superviviente increases the Cazador's chance to Multistrike by 10%. Additionally, the Hunter gains 15% health over 10 seconds after killing a target.
- Conjured Refreshments now restores 100% health and Mana over 20 seconds, regardless of level.
- now heals for 2% of maximum health per tick (up from 1%).
- now heals for 5% of maximum health per tick (up from 3%).
Oleada de sanación
- now also increases the direct healing of affected spells by 20% per application
Glyph of Healing Storm has been removed and its effects are now baseline for .
now heals for 100% more when cast on self for Elemental Shaman
- now heals for 1.5% of maximum health per tick (up from 1.0%).
- now increases the healing from to 3% of maximum health per tick (up from 2.5%).
The original intent behind Reforging was to offer a way for players to customize their gear, but in practice it offered little in the way of true choice. Players attempting to optimize every piece of gear were well advised to look up how they were supposed to reforge an item in an online guide or tool that had already determined the optimal choice. It added yet another step to the list of things that must be done to a new item before it was ready to be equipped, reducing the joy of getting an upgrade into a chore.
If an upgrade drops, we want you to be able to equip it with a minimum of fuss. It is for those reasons that we're removing Reforging from the game.
- The Reforging system and associated NPCs have been removed from the game.
- All existing items that were reforged have been returned to their original un-reforged state.
Combat resurrections are an extremely powerful tool that players have while in combat. Naturally, we apply some limitations. In Mists of Pandaria, that limit was 1 resurrection during a given raid boss encounter for 10-player modes and 3 for 25-player modes. With Flexible difficulty introduced in Patch 5.4, we erred on the forgiving side, and gave Flexible Raids 3 resurrections regardless of raid size.
In Warlords of Draenor, the Flex tech has expanded to more difficulty levels, and we needed a new system to handle combat resurrections more fairly. We knew that continuing with a constant 3 would encourage using the smallest possible raid sizes, while scaling with hard breakpoints would discourage specific group sizes just under those points. Additionally, the limit is not shown anywhere in-game, so it can be easy to lose track of how many resurrections the raid has available (or even know that the limit exists).
So we've built a new system to be more transparent, and improve usability.
- During a boss encounter, all combat resurrection spells now share a single raid-wide pool of charges that's visible on the action bar button.
- Upon engaging a boss, all combat resurrection spells will have their cooldowns reset and begin with 1 charge. Cargars will accumulate at a rate of 1 per (90/RaidSize) minutes.
Example 1: A 10-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 9 minutes (90/10 = 9).
- Example 2: A 20-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 4.5 minutes (90/20 = 4.5).
A charge will only be deducted when a combat resurrection is successful (when the target accepts the resurrection).
Raid frames now show a debuff indicating that a dead player has a pending combat resurrection available.
Outside of raid boss encounters, combat resurrection spells retain their normal cooldown behavior.
Resurrection Mana Costs (Section Removed)
Notes for resurrection Mana cost changes were moved to the relevant class sections.
We made several improvements to the Glyph system. While leveling, characters unlock Glyph slots at several specific levels. However, in order to get glyphs, characters need to visit an Auction House (and potentially pay way more gold than an average character of that level has yet), or know a Scribe from which to request them. To solve this, we've made characters learn some Glyphs automatically as they level. Additionally, we now have the ability to make some glyphs exclusive with each other, or require specific specializations.
- Many glyphs have been removed, and many new glyphs have been added.
- Exclusive categories have been added for some glyphs. Other glyphs from the same category cannot be applied at the same time.
- Some glyphs are now exclusive to a specialization.
- All classes now learn some of their Major Glyphs as they level. Recipes for these Glyphs have been removed.
At level 25, Glyph of the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
, , , , Glyph of Omens, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
At level 50, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
Might of Ursoc, Nature's Grasp, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
At level 60, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
At level 75, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
- , , , , , Glyph of Misdirection, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Some of our goals with Professions in Warlords of Draenor are to make them more of a personal choice, and less of a mandatory “min/max” selection. To that end, we're removing the direct combat benefits of Professions. Additionally, we've made it easier to level Minería
. Poción de sanación
s have gone mostly unused lately, compared to combat stat potions. We chose to solve that problem, along with a problem with Brujo
utility, by having Poción de sanación
s and Piedra de salud
s share cooldowns.
- Herbalists can now harvest herbs throughout the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield an Herbalist will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.
- Mineras can now harvest mineral nodes in outdoor areas of the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield a Minera will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.
- Poción de sanacións no longer share a cooldown with other potions, but instead share a 60-second cooldown with Piedra de saluds. The cooldown will not reset until the player leaves combat.
- Movement Speed enchants now increase Movement Speed by 10% (up from 8%).
A number of changes were made for Caballero de la Muerte
s. Several cooldowns were made spec-specific. Frost and Unholy's rotations remain unchanged for the most part. Blood received revisions to their Active Mitigation design to bring them up to par with changes to other Tanking specializations. Runic Power generation of Caparazón antimagia
was standardized, to make it more understandable and balanced.
See the Ability Pruning section above for a discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Death Knights, this focused on removing abilities that were redundant, cooldown reduction, or abilities that were not used often.
- Parásito de sangres has been removed.
- Golpe sangriento has been removed.
- Orden oscura is now only available to Blood Death Knights.
- Doble empuñadura is now only available to Frost Death Knights.
- Golpe de Escarcha replaces Espiral de la muerte for Frost Death Knights.
- Asolar replaces Golpe sangriento for Frost Death Knights and now deals 25% more damage on both main and off-hand weapons, but no longer deals additional damage for each disease present on the target.
- Golpe necrótico has been removed.
- Levantar muerto is now only available to Unholy Death Knights, has a 1-minute cooldown (down from 2 minutes), and the summoned ghoul is now a permanent pet.
- Rune of Cinderglacier has been removed.
- Rune of the Nerubian Carapace has been removed.
- Unholy Frenzy has been removed.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
The biggest change here is the merger of Hervor de sangre
into Hervor de sangre
. This change effectively turned Roiling Blood into a passive ability; which we replaced with a new talent,
. For Blood specialization, we removed Rune Strike and are adjusting the cost of Espiral de la muerte
so that it can be used in Rune Strike's place.
Another change was to polish up the effect of diseases on the damage of other abilities. Diseases now do enough damage on their own to warrant using them. Having diseases act as multipliers on the damage of other abilities became extraneous and cluttered up the tooltips of those abilities. Those multipliers have been removed, and consolidated their benefits into the corresponding base spell. These changes also results in a slight reduction to ramp-up time.
Ejército de muertos
- Cuerno de invierno no longer generates Runic Power, has no cooldown, and lasts 1 hour.
- Hervor de sangre has been removed and its effects have been merged into Hervor de sangre.
Hervor de sangre now deals 50% more damage to all enemies within 10 yards, and spreads any diseases on targets hit to all other targets hit, but no longer deals additional damage for additional diseases being present on the target.
now deals 75% less damage.
Master of Ghouls has been removed and its effects have been merged into the baseline Levantar muerto
ability for Unholy Death Knights.
Threat of Thassarian has been removed and its effects have been merged into Poder de los Baldíos Helados
Rune Strike has been removed. Blood Death Knights should now use Espiral de la muerte
in its place.
Dancing Rune Weapon now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).Espiral de la muerte
now costs 30 Runic Power (down from 40 Runic Power) and has a 40 yard range for both hostiles and allies.Entereza ligada al hielo
now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).
Roiling Blood has been removed and replaced with
, a new Level-56 talent for Caballero de la Muerte
s.Pilar de Escarcha
now increases Strength by 15% (down from 20%).
Obliterate now deals 25% more damage on both main and off-hand weapons, but no longer deals additional damage for each disease present on the target.Runa del cruzado caído
now increases Strength by 20% (up from 15%).Golpe de la Plaga
no longer deals additional damage for each disease present on the target. The ability now deals 100% Physical weapon damage, and 50% Shadow weapon damage. These two effects can independently critically hit.Sangre vampírica
now increases the amount of healing received by 15% (down from 25%).
- Glyph of Vampiric Blood now increases the amount of healing received by an additional 10% (down from 15%).
In Mists of Pandaria, Frost Death Knights suffered from rotations that were designed to allow flexibility in ability usage, so that you could pool some resources in order to make decisions about which ones you spent and in which order. Doble empuñadura
vs Two-Handed had different rotational priorities, with different strengths and weaknesses. However, tuning ended up such that you reached a point where you just had to spend all of your resources as fast as possible to avoid wasting any, and all of that depth went out the window. For Warlords, we've adjusted the tuning of several abilities and passives, to ensure that that doesn't happen again, and the rotational decisions and skill are maintained.
The goal is that Two-Handed Frost Death Knights favor their physical damage, slicing through their enemies with heavy Obliterates, whereas Dual-Wielders favor blasting their foes with frost damage, but both overlap considerably to maintain a cohesive specialization.
- Golpe de Escarcha's damage has been increased by 100%, but its Runic Power cost has been increased by 5 (up to 25 Runic Power in , and 40 Runic Power in other Presences).
- now increases attack speed by 20% (down from 45%), and haste by 5% (up from 0%).
- Poder de los Baldíos Helados now increases the damage of Asolar by 50% (up from 40%) and melee damage by 35% (up from 30%) while wielding a two-handed weapon, and increases the damage of Golpe de Escarcha by 50% (up from 35%) while dual-wielding.
- Cuchilla de hielo now deals 4% additional weapon damage (up from 2%), and increases Frost damage by 2% per stack (down from 3%).
- Asolar's damage has been increased by 30%.
In order to better balance the scaling rates and value of secondary stats for Unholy Death Knights, we reduced the power of their passive Poderío profano
ability, and added a new passive ability to make Multistrike more effective.
- is a new passive ability for Unholy Death Knights.
causes Multistrikes from Golpe purulento, Hervor de sangre, , Golpe de la Plaga, and to also deal a burst of Shadow damage. The amount of burst damage is based on Attack Power, not the damage from the triggering Multistrike.
now increases Strength by 10% (down from 35%).
Active Mitigation was a very successful design that was inspired by Death Knights' tanking style. However, it went beyond that, and Caballero de la Muerte
s themselves were somewhat left behind in that regard. We made several changes to bring up the interactivity of Blood combat. This includes making Golpe letal
cause healing based on attack power, but be affected by the new
passive (see Tank Vengeance and Resolve above), which gives it the traditional increase from recent damage. Plus, Rune Tap is being significantly improved, to become a strong Active Mitigation button.
Additionally, we removed Dodge and Parry from gear, and expect Blood Death Knights to value Haste and Crit as important secondary stats. In order to achieve that, we made Contestación
give defensive value to Golpes críticos
give defensive value to Multistrike. To solve GCD-capping issues and increase the value of Haste, we also removed the passive rune regeneration increase from
. Finally,we tweaked the targeting AI of Dancing Rune Weapon, and fixed it up to properly copy most Talents that you know.
- now also causes auto attack Multistrikes to generate 15 Runic Power. The Death Strike damage increase it provided has been moved to .
- Blood Presence now increases Stamina by 20% (down from 25%), and armor by 30% (down from 55%).
- Bone Shield charges can now be consumed at a rate of once per second (up from once every 2 seconds).
- Plaga carmesí now increases the damage of Hervor de sangre by 50% (up from 10%) and now also increases the damage of diseases by 30%.
- Arma de runa danzante's summoned Arma de runas now remains fixated on the Caballero de la Muerte's target at the time of summoning, and copies the effects of Talents that are tied to the Caballero de la Muerte, such as Hervor de sangre, Fiebre de Escarcha, or Asfixiar. Should the original target be dead or otherwise unavailable, the Arma de runas will switch to assist with the Caballero de la Muerte's current target.
- Golpe letal now causes healing that scales in effectiveness with attack power, instead of based on damage taken in the last 5 seconds. This healing is affected by .
- Golpe en el corazón has been removed. Blood Death Knights should use Hervor de sangre in its place.
- now increases all damage dealt by 15%, instead of increasing rune regeneration rate.
- has been redesigned. It now reduces all damage taken by 40%
50% for 3 seconds. It also now has 2 charges, with a 40-second recharge time.
has been redesigned. It now automatically triggers an immediate, free when you take damage that reduces you below 30% health. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 30 seconds.
- Glifo carbonizado has been redesigned. It now reduces Rune Tap’s recharge time by 10 seconds, but reduces the damage reduction it provides by 20%.
Scarlet Fever has been removed. Its effects have been merged into
- has been changed. It now causes Hervor de sangre to refresh diseases, and increase the healing of your next Golpe letal by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.
now increases your Multistrike chance, haste,
and Stamina by 10%
(up from 9% to Stamina only), reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%, and increases the damage of Golpe letal
by 100% and grants 1 Runic Power per second while in combat..
Since the Ghoul pet is now Unholy only, that presents a problem for Pacto de la Muerte
. We revised Pacto de la Muerte
to not require an undead minion, but work a little differently. We left it at 50% heal, which is effectively a 33% buff to it from before (see Retuning Healing Spells and Player Health and Resilience above), and added a healing absorption shield for 50% of the amount healed instead. It should now be a more effective heal for staying alive immediately, but with the downside of needing to heal through the healing absorption shield before being healed any further.
There were also a few other miscellaneous changes. The Runic Power generation of Caparazón antimagia
was standardized, to make it more understandable and balanced. Level-60 and Level-75 talent rows have swapped places, so the important rune regeneration talents could be acquired earlier. Conversión
was changed to cost different amounts by specialization, instead of reducing Runic Power generation differently by specialization. This way, Runic Power beyond what you spend on Conversión
is not penalized.
- Caparazón antimagia now restores 2 Runic Power per 1% of max health absorbed.
- Suelo profanado now also makes the Caballero de la Muerte immune to Roots and Snares.
- Conversión no longer has an initial tick, and now costs 30 Runic Power/second for Blood, 10 Runic Power/sec for Frost, and 20 Runic Power/second for Unholy.
- Level-60 and Level-75 talent rows have swapped places.
- Level-60 rune regeneration talents can now be triggered by all Runic Power spenders.
now generates one charge for every 15 Runic Power spent.
- Potenciación rúnica now has a 1.5% chance to trigger per Runic Power spent.
- Corrupción rúnica now has a 1.5% chance to trigger per Runic Power spent.
Druida (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Druids, we focused thinning out the niche and abilities that were not used often. We made sure to retain abilities for Druida
s to function in off-spec roles, since that flexibility is a defining characteristic of the class.
- Piel de corteza is now available to Balance, Guardian, and Restoration Druids,
- has been removed.
- no longer has a chance to reset Destrozar's cooldown and is only available to Feral and Guardian Druids.
- Innervate has been removed (again).
- is now available only to Guardian Druids.
- no longer restores Mana and is only available to Feral Druids.
Mana regeneration for Feral and Guardian Druids have been increased by 100%.
) has been removed.Gran maza
is now available only to Guardian Druids.
Might of Ursoc has been removed.
no longer automatically activates Forma de oso and is now available only to Guardian Druids.Presteza de la Naturaleza
is now available only to Restoration Druid
has been removed.
Owlkin Frenzy has been removed.Arañazo
now also stuns the target for 4 seconds if used while stealthed, and is only available to Feral Druid
s.Instintos de supervivencia
is now available only to Feral and Guardian Druids.Flagelo
is now requires the Druida
to be in Forma felina
and is available only to Feral Druid
Symbiosis has been removed.Vapulear
is now available to all Druida
specializations (was Feral and Guardian only).
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
For consolidation of abilities, we merged several passive abilities. One notable change is the merging of Ravage into Triturar
, and Abalanzarse
; saving a couple keybinds that were only used in conjunction with Acechar
The loss of Symbiosis primarily impacted Druida survivability, as many of the abilities received through Symbiosis were defensive cooldowns. To compensate for that, we improved Piel de corteza (for non-Feral Druids) and Instintos de supervivencia (for Feral and Guardian Druids).Recrecimiento
now has a duration of 12 seconds (up from 6 seconds), but no longer refreshes its duration on targets at or below 50% health.Revivir
's mana cost has been reduced by 87%.Destripar
now has a duration of 24 seconds (up from 16 seconds), but its duration is no longer extended by Triturar
, and is only available to Feral Druid
no longer requires the Druida
to be behind the target (See also:Facing Requirements.) and is now available to all specializations. Triturar
now deals 35% more damage in addition to having double the normal chance to critically strike while stealthed.
- Ravage has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into Triturar.
no longer increases the mana cost of the victim's spells.
no longer cancels when mounting. However, it can no longer hit stealthed or invisible targets.Instintos de supervivencia
no longer requires or forces the Druida
into Cat or Forma de oso
, and now lasts 6 seconds (down from 12 seconds)
reduces damage taken by 70% (up from 50%)
with a 2-minute cooldown (down from 3 minutes), and can have up to 2 charges (up from 1 charge).Pellejo grueso
has been removed and its effects has been incorporated into Forma de oso
Furia del tigre
- Forma de oso now increases armor by 180%
330% for all Druida specializations (down from 330% for Guardian Druids, but up from 120% for non-Guardian Druids), and no longer increases Haste and Critical Strike from items by 50%, but instead causes Haste to reduce the global cooldown increases Stamina by 20% (down from 40%), and reduces magic damage taken by 10% (down from 25%).
- For Guardian Druids, Bear Form now also reduces magical damage taken by 25%, reduces chance to be critically hit by 6%, and reduces chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
now lasts 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds) and is usable during
has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into Forma felina
.Forma de viaje
now automatically transitions between Agua
, and Vuelo
forms depending on the Druida
Wild Mushrooms no longer become invisible.
Guardian Druids had increased Armor as their Mastery for a while now. However, one of the new secondary stats available to all tanks is Bonus Armor. We didn't feel that the difference of being additive vs. being a multiplier was significant enough to warrant keeping their Mastery around. Additionally, active mitigation hasn't played out as well for Guardians as it has for some other tanks.
We decided to redesign the Mastery for Guardian Druids to something that compliments the Avoidance-heavy nature of
, and also to improve the usability of Garras y dientes
for more consistent damage reduction. Note that
's calculation uses the damage before any other absorbs you have, and before Garras y dientes
's effects, so that it isn't negatively affected by any of the changes.
The maximum number of charges that can be accumulated for
has been reduced to make its uptime more consistent between short and long periods of tanking. Rage for Guardian Druids has been problematic throughout Mists of Pandaria. Most of their rage generation was extremely passive, and most of their button presses either didn't affect their survivability, or only trivially did so. We made changes to Haste and Critical Strike, to try to solve these rage generation problems, and improve their rotation. We also added
, in order to give a defensive value to the new Multistrike stat.
- Guardian Druids' Mastery (Guardián de la Naturaleza) has been replaced with a new Mastery: .
Mastery: causes the Druida to gain a Physical absorb shield equal to 12% of the attack's damage when theyare hit by a Physical attack. Attacks which this effect fully or partially absorbs cannot trigger .
is a new passive ability for Guardian Druids.
- causes Multistrikes from auto attacks, periodic damage, and Destrozar to grant the Druid the Ursa Major effect. increases maximum health by 2% for 25
30 seconds. When the effect is refreshed, the remaining portion is added to the new effect.
Auto-attacks now generate 5 Rage (down from 10.9 Rage).Forma de oso
no longer increases Haste and Critical Strike from items by 50%, but instead causes Haste to reduce the global cooldown.
no longer has a chance to reset Destrozar
now costs 20 Rage (down from 30 Rage).Destrozar
now generates 10 Rage (down from 15 Rage).
now generates 2 Rage, has no cooldown (down from a 3-second cooldown), and the periodic bleed effect triggers every 1 second (down from 3 seconds).Furia primigenia
now generates 5 Rage (down from 15 Rage)
when you dodge or
non-periodically critically strike (up from only Auto Attacks and Destrozar
can now accumulate 2 charges (down from 3 charges), and regenerates a charge every 12 seconds (up from 9 seconds). Alma del bosque
(Guardian) now increases Mangle’s Rage generation by 5 (down from 10).Vapulear
now generates 1 Rage every time it deals direct or periodic damage, has no cooldown (down from a6-second cooldown), but no longer has a chance to reset Destrozar
's cooldown.Garras y dientes
can now accumulate 2 charges, its effects stack on the target, and are affected by
Feral ChangesFeral Druid
s received one major change, and few tweaks beyond what's been mentioned above in Ability Pruning and Facing Requirements. Combo Points are now stored "on the player", meaning that when you switch targets, any accumulated Combo Points remain with you. Furia primigenia
was changed to let it affect area attacks as well. Critical strike chance of Mordedura feroz
was changed in order to increase the value of Critical Strike.
was reworked to better achieve its intended effect.
- Combo Points for Feral Druids are now shared across all targets, and are no longer lost when switching targets.
- Mordedura feroz now has double the normal chance to critically strike against bleeding targets (instead of having an additional 25% chance to critically strike).
- Furia primigenia now also grants a combo point for area attacks that critically strike the Druida's primary target.
- Glyph of Savagery has been renamed , and now grants a free 5 Combo Point Savage Roar when leaving Acechar, instead of allowing Rugido salvaje to be used with 0 Combo Points.
We have some extensive changes for Balance Druid
s. One of our guiding principles with game design is that things should be "easy to learn, hard to master". We're not particularly happy with the Lechúcico lunar
rotation because it was actually hard to learn, and easy to master (especially with regards to periodic damage effects no longer snapshotting). Energy and Eclipse
mechanics were not intuitive for many newer players. Once you became accustomed to the rotation, there wasn't much additional depth to mastering it; maintain two DoTs, hit these other two buttons whenever they light up, and spam one of two buttons in between. In order to try to make it easier to learn, but also add some gameplay depth and challenge we're making a significant revision to the rotation. The list of changes is quite dense, so here's a summary of the changes.Summary of changes to Balance:
- Balance Energy is a bar that automatically cycles back and forth between Lunar and Solar sides, like night and day. The closer to one end that the bar is, the more damage that side's spells do.
- Balance Druids now have four rotational spells.
: Lunar direct damage spell
Cast when the Lunar side is stronger
: Solar direct damage spell
- Cast when the Solar side is stronger
: Lunar periodic damage spell. While closer to Solar, this button is replaced with Fuego solar
, a Solar periodic damage spell.
Oleada de estrellas
- Maintain both effects where possible
: Direct damage spell that benefits from whichever side is stronger. Has up to 3 charges, and buffs the damage of the next few Cólera
- Cast when able to follow up with a few strong Cóleras or s.
That's the basics of the new Lechúcico lunar
rotation. There's room for improvement beyond that, learning to optimally maintain both periodic damage effects with the strongest Eclipse
effect, while maximizing their damage, timing Oleada de estrellas
s to optimize the benefit of its buff, make use of
for area damage, and taking advantage of the strengths of each side (such as Fuego lunar
and Fuego solar
having significant differences now). Here are the full details of the changes.Details of changes to Balance:
- Balance Energy system has been redesigned. Balance Energy is a bar that cycles back and forth between Lunar and Solar sides, like night and day, with a 40 second cycle time (from Lunar to Solar and back to Lunar).
Balance Energy is no longer generated through spells, talents, or other effects anymore.
has been redesigned.
- Eclipse inspires the Druida with the power of the moon and the sun, causing the damage of Lunar and Solar spells to be increased by up to 30% based on how close Balance Energy levels are to the appropriate side.
Example: With 0 Balance Energy, the damage bonus is evenly split between Lunar and Solar, and the Druid receives a 15% increase to damage for both spell types. With 80 Solar Energy, the Druid receives a 27% damage increase to Solar spells and a 3% damage increase to Lunar spells.
Mastery: Total Eclipse now increases the maximum damage bonus of Eclipse
by 12% (increasing with Mastery).
The damage of damage-over-time effects changes dynamically as Eclipse
now increases the rate that Balance Energy cycles by 300% while channeled.
has been removed.
has been redesigned.
- causes the Druida to enter , a state where Balance Energy cycle is paused, all damage done is increased by 20%, and all Lunar and Solar spells benefit from the maximum Eclipse bonus. While in , Fuego lunar and Fuego solar will also apply the other spell's periodic damage effect. Lasts 15 seconds with a 3 minute cooldown.
now has a range of 35 yards (up from 30 yards), but is only available to Balance and Restoration Druid
: Elegido de Elune
now increases spell damage by 15% while active (was a 25% increase to Arcane and Nature damage, but only while Eclipse
is active).Lluvia lunar
has been redesigned and renamed into
- calls upon greater Lunar and Solar energy to permanently empower the Druid's Moonfire and Sunfire spells.
Fuego lunar's periodic damage effect duration is increased by 100%.
- Fuego solar's periodic damage effect is now applied to all enemies within 5 yards of the target.
now has a base duration of 20 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by
and Oleada de estrellas
critical strikes. Upon reaching 100 Lunar Energy, the next Fuego lunar
deals 100% additional initial damage.
now adds 1 full charge of Oleada de estrellas
when it triggers, and now has a 5% chance to trigger when the most recent Fuego lunar
or Fuego solar
deals periodic damage. This chance is doubled on critical strikes.Alma del bosque
(Balance) has been redesigned.
- Alma del bosque (Balance) now increases the damage bonus from Lunar and Solar Empowerment by an additional 15%.
now shares charges with Oleada de estrellas
, and has no cooldown of its own. It also now hits all nearby enemies (up from 2 nearby enemies).
now has a 3 second cast time (up from 2.7 seconds).Oleada de estrellas
now has 3 charges and a 30 second recharge time (instead of a 15 second cooldown). Oleada de estrellas
now also grants Lunar or
- causes the next 2 casts of to deal 30% more damage.
- causes the next 3 casts of Cólera to deal 30% more damage.
is no longer its own spell and replaces Fuego lunar
on the action bar whenever Balance Energy is on the Solar side. Fuego solar
now has a base duration of 24 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by Cólera
and Oleada de estrellas
critical strikes. Enemies may still suffer from both Fuego lunar
and Fuego solar
's periodic damage components simultaneously. Upon reaching 100 Solar Energy, the next Fuego solar
deals 100% additional initial damage.Floración
(Balance) now begins snaring enemies immediately when summoned, lasts 20 seconds, and can no longer be detonated to deal damage.
has an amazingly strong effect (pour a ton of healing into the whole Raid/Grupo
), but had excessive complexity for a relatively simple task (5 different targets per tick, a short HoT, stacking, varied strength by raid size). So, we simplified it significantly. It still will be used just as it always has been.
- Tranquilidad is now only available to Restoration Druids. Tranquilidad now heals every Grupo and Raid member within range every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. It no longer places a periodic effect on each target. The total amount of healing it generates in Raids should be approximately the same as before this change.
Restoration ChangesRestoration Druid
s got a few changes as well. In Patch 5.4, a glyph was introduced where you could choose to attach your Efflorescence to Floración
, instead of to Alivio presto
. That was a rousing success and the glyph was taken by nearly all Restoration Druid
s. It felt like a much better situation to us so we decided to remove the glyph, and bake that gameplay in permanently.
fill a similar need for burst healing, so Floración
has been removed; leaving Floración
to focus on the Efflorescence effect.
Secondly, while we are fine with the playstyle where a Restoration Druid
blankets their Raid in Rejuvenations, the Swift Rejuvenation passive made that too strong, and limited their scaling with Haste. We removed that passive to encourage using other spells more, but still allow Rejuvenecimiento
blanketing as a viable playstyle. Augurio de claridad
got changed to not trigger more often with Árbol de vida
as it was too strong in our new healing model. Alma del bosque
was also redesigned to fit better with Restoration and
based on the new design for periodic effects.
- has been redesigned.
now consumes all of the Druid's Rejuvenation effects on party or raid members within 60 yards and applies the effect to them instead. heals the target for an amount equal to the remaining healing from the consumed Rejuvenecimiento effects over 3 seconds.
now heals for 50% of the critical heal (up from 30%). Encarnación: Árbol de vida
no longer enhances Flor de vida
. Instead, it also enhances Rejuvenecimiento
, increasing its healing by 50%, and reducing its cost by 50%. Corazón de lo Salvaje
(Restoration) now increases healing done by 35% (up from 25%).Augurio de claridad
(Restoration) can now only be triggered by the most recently applied Flor de vida
, and now causes the next Recrecimiento
to be free.Alma del bosque
for Restoration Druid
s has been redesigned.
Swift Rejuvenation has been removed.Floración
(Restoration) now has a 30-second cooldown, lasts for 30 seconds, provides periodic healing to nearby allies, and no longer collects Rejuvenecimiento
The level 90-Talent row for Druida
s was designed to encourage hybrid gameplay. We decided that, while you shouldn't have to give up a significant amount of your primary role throughput in order to gain the off-role benefit, you also don't need to gain an actual benefit to your primary role throughput benefit either. We've reduced the power of their primary role benefit, making them roughly neutral in their effect on your primary role. Note that the increase to off-role healing from Vigilia de la Naturaleza
is not actually a buff (see Retuning Healing Spells and Player Health and Resilience above).Corazón de lo Salvaje
no longer provides an increase to Hit, Expertise, Stamina, Agility, and Intellect while active.Vigilia de la Naturaleza
, while active, increases single-target damage and healing caused by healing spells by 30% (up from 25%), and all single-target damage spells also heal a nearby friendly target for 40% of the damage done (up from 25%). Its healing now targets allies within 40 yards of the Druida
(instead of within 40 yards of the target).
Cazador (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning or consolidating class abilities.Cazador
s have lacked a strong distinction between the different specializations. What we mean by that is that the Cazador
specializations all had rotations that felt similar, with Marksmanship and Survival having the most blurred identities (Beast Mastery felt well rooted in the pet). Cazador
s were also some of the most afflicted by button bloat. To address these problems, we opted to make changes to each specialization's rotation, primarily through removing abilities, and making some of them unique to each spec. This means things like Disparo de puntería
being the primary Focus dump for Marksmanship, instead of
or Picadura de serpiente
being available only to Survival. Cazador
s also had a large number of cooldown abilities, which we've also cut down (some of which we moved to the talent tree, competing with other active buttons).
Aspecto del halcón
- is no longer available to Marksmanship Hunters. The talent received a change to preserve its value to Marksmanship Hunters.
now also reduces the cost of Disparo de puntería when active, to preserve its value to Marksmanship Hunters.
has been removed.
- Aspect of the Iron Hawk has been renamed to Halcón de hierro, and now passively provides a 10%reduction to all damage taken.
has been removed as a pet ability.Marca del cazador
has been removed.Disparo mortal
is no longer available to Survival Hunters.
Master Marksman has been removed.Disparos perforadores
has been removed.
Rapid Recuperation has been removed.Estampida
is now a level-75 talent, replacing Carrera de lince
Steady Focus has been removed.Rabid
has been removed as a pet ability.
is now available only to Marksmanship Hunters.Picadura de serpiente mejorada
has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into a redesigned Picadura de serpiente
Viper Venom has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into a redesigned Picadura de serpiente
.Picadura de serpiente
has been redesigned based on Serpent Spread and is now available only to Survival Hunters.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
- now has a 20% chance to trigger (up from a 15% chance), but now only grants 1 charge each time it triggers (down from 2 charges).
- Frenesí has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into .
now naturally grants the Cazador's pet the ability to gain Frenesí.
has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into Vigorización
has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into Cólera de las bestias
's effects have been incorporated into
's cooldown is reset if it is dispelled.Aliviar mascota
and Revivir mascota
now share the same button and changes based on the condition of the Cazador
now has a 6% chance to trigger for every 10 Focus spent (instead of a flat 30% chance).
Rotation Depth and Talents
We've changed the combat rotations of each Cazador
specialization (primarily through Ability Pruning) with the goal of them being a platform to build upon with talents. To facilitate this, we've modified several talents to add additional rotational depth. Cazador
s had many talent options which added abilities to their rotation, but most of them had quite simple usage, with little interaction with your rotation or other abilities. Now, there should be more of a variety; still some simple talents, but also some talents that create a more engaging combat rotation.
- Tromba now has a 20 second cooldown (down from 30 seconds), costs 60 Focus (up from 30 Focus), and its damage has been increased by 100%.
- Murder of Crows has been changed. Its duration, cost, and cooldown have been reduced by 50%. It no longer has a shorter cooldown when used on low health targets. Instead, its cooldown is reset if the target dies.
- Fervor has been replaced with a new passive ability, Steady Focus.
Steady Focus increases Focus Regeneration by 50% for 10 seconds after using or Disparo firme twice in a row, or after using .
One of the most difficult abilities to decide to cut was Aspecto del halcón
. It began to feel fairly meaningless, since it was used virtually all of the time in combat, so might as well have just been passive. We decided to cut Aspecto del halcón
, and bake in its benefit to the other abilities. The remaining aspect abilities are all utility only, and are being moved off the stance bar and made toggles.
Overall, Hunters should see a drastic reduction in the number of active buttons, and have a clearerdistinction between the different specializations. With some of these changes, you may find yourself favoring a different specialization.Keep in mind that Draenor Perks, earned from levels 91 to 99, will serve to further distinguish the different specializations.
- and both now share a 10-second cooldown and no longer appears on the stance bar.
- Glifo carbonizado: The ability taught by this Glyph no longer appears on the stance bar and is now on the global cooldown.
- Glifo carbonizado: No longer triggers any cooldown on .
One of our new secondary stats Multistrike, is strikingly similar to the Wild Quiver Mastery for Marksmanship Hunters. To address this similarity, we replaced Wild Quiver with a new Mastery:
. Marksmanship Hunters that favored Mastery before will want to favor Multistrike for a similar feel. For their new Mastery, we wanted to add some depth to their moment-to-moment gameplay, and compliment Critical Strike. In order to do that, we brought back the concept of
We also changed the design of Disparo de quimera
(and fixed its name), in order to better capture the intended flavor. Finally, we added an interaction between
(and indirectly Disparo de puntería
through a Draenor Perk), so as to add a bit more depth to their gameplay.
Disparo de quimera
- now reduces the cost of Multi-Shot by 25 Focus (up from 20 Focus).
- Mastery: Wild Quiver has been removed.
- is a new Mastery for Marksmanship Hunters, replacing Wild Quiver.
activates when the Cazador stands still for 3 seconds, giving them the effect for 6 seconds, increasing damage, shot range, and critical strike damage by 4% (increased by Mastery).
has been renamed Disparo de quimera
. It is now a two-headed shot that hits two targets, costs 35 Focus (down from 45 Focus) and deals Frost or Nature damage. It no longer heals the Cazador
now also provides its effect against all targets when
is active, and increases critical strike chance by 60% (down from 75%).
Apart from rotational changes through Ability Pruning, changes for Survival Hunters mostly center on
. We changed how
is triggered to increase the value of Multistrike, provide gameplay depth and the ability to pool damage more. Also note the new passive ability, Superviviente
, which increases multistrike chance by 10%, in order to give Survival Hunters some baseline Multistrike chance.
- now costs 15 Focus (down from 25 Focus).
- Superviviente is a new passive ability learned by Survival Hunters at level 10.
Superviviente increases Multistrike damage by 20% and causes the Hunter to gain 15% health over 10 seconds after killing a target.
Hunter Pet Abilities
We did a comprehensive pass on Cazador
pet abilities. As mentioned above in Crowd Control and Diminishing Returns, all full crowd-control abilities have been removed from Cazador
pets and replaced those with new abilities, including spreading some that were previously restricted to exotic pets. Additionally, Hunters can now tame beasts from new pet families.
Several raid buffs provided by Hunter Pets have been changed into auras that are automatically applied to the Cazador
's party or raid.
Abilities unique to each hunter pet family has been revised to provide a standard buff, debuff, or ability.
- Combat Resurrection ability: Grulla, Palomilla, Can de piedra
- Heridas letales debuff: Carroñero, Demosaurio, Bestia fluvial, Escórpido
- Increased Spell Power buff: Serpiente, Aqir, Zancudo acuático
- Increased Strength/Agility/Intellect buff: Can, Gorila, Bestia de esquisto, Gusano
- Increased Critical Strike Chance buff: Demosaurio, Can de piedra, Raptor, Bestia de esquisto, Zancudo acuático, Lobo
- Temporary Haste buff: Can del Núcleo, Raya
- Increased Haste buff: Rylak, Hiena, Esporiélago, Avispa
- Increased Mastery buff: Felino, Mujer Nocheterna, Bestia espíritu, Zancaalta
- Aguante aumentado buff: Bear, Broncocuerno, Rylak, Aqir
- Increased Multistrike buff: Basilisco, Quimera, Can del Núcleo, Dracohalcón, Zorro, Uñagrieta, Dragón alado
- Increased Versatility buff: Ave rapaz, Jabalí, Roedor, Devastador, Uñagrieta, Gusano
- An ability that increases dodge chance of the pet by 30% for 10 seconds: Murciélago, Mono
- An ability that reduces damage taken by the pet by 50% for 12 seconds: Alfazaque, Cangrejo, Can de piedra, Uñagrieta, Bestia de esquisto, Tortuga
- An ability that Reduces the movement speed of the target by 50%: Quimera, Crocolisco, Aqir, Araña, Acechador deformado
- The following pet families provide an ability that puts the pet in stealth mode slowing its movement speed by 50%. The first attack from stealth receives a 20% bonus to damage: Felino, Bestia espíritu
- The following pet families provide an additional ability.
Quimera -Aliento de Tormenta de Escarcha: Causes Froststorm damage to all targets in front of the Quimera over 8 seconds.
- Can del Núcleo - Piel de arrabio: Causes Fire damage to attackers.
- Demosaurio -Festín: The devilsaur feasts on a nearby Humanoide or Beast corpse within 5 yards, healing it for 20% of its maximum health and restoring 20 Focus over 5 seconds.
- Cuernoatroz -: Deflects all spells cast in front of the Cuernoatroz for 6 seconds.
- Rylak - Corriente: Ralentizars the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 seconds.
- Bestia espíritu -Aliviar espíritu: Heals the target ally instantly, and additional healing over 10 seconds.
- Zancudo acuático -Trote sobre la superficie: Allows the Hunter and the Water Strider to walk across water.
- Gusano -Ataque de enterramiento: Deals Nature damage to nearby enemies over 8 seconds.
There were also a few other changes, primarily for quality of life and rotational consistency.
- Aimed Shot no longer interrupts Auto Attacks, and can be cast while moving.
- Retirar mascota now ignores line of sight.
- Trampa explosiva now places a periodic-damage effect on each target within the radius of the explosion, rather than a persistent effect on the ground.
- Bramido now has a 30-yard range.
- Hunter Pets now have a1-second global cooldown.
See the Ability Pruning section for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Mages, we removed several of the unused and niche abilities from each specialization that didn't use them primarily.
- Tromba Arcana replaces Explosión de Fuego for Arcane Mages.
- Explosión Arcana's cast time has been increased to 2.25 seconds (up from 2 seconds), damage has been increased by 12.5% to compensate, and replaces Aluvión for Arcane Mages.
- Deflagración Arcana is now available only to Arcane Mages.
- Blizzard is now available only to Frost Mages.
- Conjure Mana Gem has been removed.
- Evocación is now available only to Arcane Mages.
- Fogonazo is now available only to Fire Mages.
- Témpanos de hielo no longer has a restriction on base cast or channel times for spells (formerly only worked on spells with a base cast or channel time of less than 4 seconds).
- Lanza de hielo replaces Explosión de Fuego and is now only available to Frost Mages.
- Pirómano has been removed.
- Trizar is now available only to Frost Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Arcane Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Frost Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Fire Mages.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
Most of the Mage abilities required little consolidation. The most notable change here is turning Armor spells into passive abilities for each specialization.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Arcane Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Frost Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Fire Mages.
- 's damage has been increased by 100%, but no longer deals direct damage or stuns, and replaces for Fire Mages.
- can no longer be used to heal the Mage's Water Elemental.
- Témpanos de hielo no longer has a restriction on base cast or channel times for spells (formerly only worked on spells with a base cast or channel time of less than 4 seconds).
- Ignición now deals the same total damage with a 1 second period (down from 2 seconds). Base duration changed to 5 seconds so that duration when refreshed remains 6 seconds.
- Reflejo exacto is now a level-90 Talent, replacing Invocation. Reflejos now inherit 50% of the Mage's Spell Power (up from 5%).
- Polimorfia variants except for Polimorfia: Oveja are now all learned as spells andgrouped in a flyout on the Spellbook instead of being a Minor Glyph that alters the visuals of Polimorfia: Oveja.
The Mage class has good specialization distinction when it comes to their single-target rotations, but utility and area-of-effect spells were heavily shared between specializations. Commonly, these spells were redundant as well. We made many of their spells specialization-specific (as described in Ability Pruning above). And probably most significant, we made changes to several existing Talents.
was extremely strong for instant crowd control (CC), which we wanted to curtail. Rather than completely remove
or make it not affect CC abilities, we made it a base Arcane spell, where we don't expect that it will be a problem, since Arcane has less CC than the other Mago
specs already. In its place, we've added a new talent, Evanescencia
. It may seem out of place on a movement-focused talent row at first. In practice, we expect that the similarity will bear out as Mago
s use it instead of moving away from avoidable damage.
- Presence of Mind is no longer a talent, and is now learned by only Arcane Mages.
- Evanescencia is a new Talent available at level 15, replacing Presence of Mind.
Evanescencia causes the Mago to fade into the nether, avoiding all attacks for 3 seconds. This spell has a 45-second cooldown, replaces Bloque de hielo, is not on global cooldown, and may be cast while a cast-time spell is in progress.
Going along with our goals to reduce cooldown stacking across all of the classes, we decided to remove Alter Time's DPS contribution. Alterar el tiempo
has a number of clever movement and utility uses, but in practice it was mostly being used for additional uptime of offensive cooldowns. Mago
s also had many redundant forms of survival utility, so we moved a utility-only version of Alterar el tiempo
into the Talent tree, replacing
- has been removed and replaced by Alterar el tiempo.
- Alterar el tiempo is now a level-30 Talent, replacing .
Alterar el tiempo now lasts for 10 seconds (up from 6 seconds), has a 90-second cooldown (down from 3 minutes), and no longer affects the Mago's mana, buffs, or debuffs.
A few of the abilities reset by
were made spec-specific, or could be overridden with Talents, so we expanded what it can affect to compensate.
- was changed to make it more competitive with the rest of its talent row.
now causes the next 3 attackers (up from 1) to trigger a Nova de Escarcha.
The Mage Bomb level-75 Talent row, the Bomb row, was also problematic. We chose to add the Bombs to all Mages' rotations in order to spice them up a bit, to provide rotational variety. That succeeded, and we're overall happy with how they interact with your rotation in a single-target situation, but they also came with the prospect of multi-dotting (applying your damage-over-time spell to many enemies, individually), which we don't feel is an appropriate fit for Mago
s. Additionally, in order to make all 3 Bombs useful to all specializations, we had to lose some of their spec-specific perks. And, even more importantly, many Mago
s did not like DoT gameplay at all.
In order to solve all of these problems, we decided to merge the 3 current Bomb Talents into one that changes based on spec. That allows us to reintroduce spec-specific perks to each Bomb, and makes room for some non-DoT alternatives.
- Tempestad abisal, Bomba viva, and now all share the left-talent slot and is available based on the Mago's specialization.
has been redesigned.
now lasts 12 seconds, has no cooldown, and explodes every time the target is hit by the Mage's Ice Lance while frozen. The damage per explosion has been reduced by 75% to compensate.
can once again be applied to multiple targets, can be spread by Explosión de Fuego
, and has a 1.5-second cooldown. More of its damage has been moved into its explosion.
Nether Tempestcan now only be on 1 target at a time (down from unlimited), but its secondary damage now hits all targets in range (up from only 1), deals 100% of the primary damage (up from 50%), and its damage can now be increased by Arcane Charges.Magia inestable
is a new Talent that's available at level 75, and occupies the middle-talent slot.
The right-talent slot for level-75 has a new Talent that varies by specialization.
- Ola explosiva: Cause an explosion of fiery force around the target enemy or ally, dealing Fire damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and dazing them, reducing their movement speed by 70% for 4 seconds. If the primarytarget is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage. Replaces Frost Nova. Instant cast ability with a 25-second cooldown and 2 charges.
- Nova de hielo: Cause a whirl of icy wind around the target enemy or ally, dealing Frost damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and freezing them for 4 seconds. If the primarytarget is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage. Replaces Frost Nova. Instant cast ability with a 20-second cooldown and 2 charges.
- Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them into the air. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage. Replaces Frost Nova. Instant cast ability with a 25-second cooldown and 2 charges.
One of the most problematic Talent rows in the game has been the Mago
level-90 row. The primary theme of the row was mana, which only Arcane Mages actually cared about. Bonus damage was added in, making it functional for all Mages, but muddled in its goals. Additionally, some of them just weren't fun to play with. We've revised the row to be purely about damage, and made them have less maintenance cost. Arcane Mages will have enough mana regeneration without these Talents to perform well.
- Incanter's Ward has been removed and replaced by Caudal de encantador a new level-90 Talent.
Caudal de encantador: Magical energy flows through you, increasing all spell damage done by 5% per stack. While in combat, the magical energy builds up to 5 stacks over 5 seconds and then diminishes down to 1 stack over 5 seconds. This cycle repeats every 10 seconds.
Invocation has been removed and replaced by Reflejo exacto
is now a level-90 Talent, replacing Invocation. Reflejos
now inherit 100% of the Mage's Spell Power (up from 5%) last 40 seconds (up from 30 seconds), and have a 2 minutes cooldown (down from 3 minutes)..
Runa de poder
- Glyph of Mirror Image has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into Reflejo exacto.
no longer replaces Evocación
, no longer increases mana regeneration, and now lasts 3 minutes (up from 1 minute).
Frost Mages enjoyed newfound PvE viability in Mists of Pandaria, and we intend to continue that into the future. However, we do want to clean up some rough spots, especially around their valuing of secondary stats, and the amount of instant-cast spells in their rotation. The Frost Armor and Shatter changes increase the amount of Haste/Critical chance that they can acquire on gear before they start hitting soft caps. The Shatter change also lowers the value of Critical Strike for a bit. The changes to the level-75 Talent row meant that having a Bomb spell is no longer guaranteed, so we changed the way that
is triggered. Lanza de hielo
's non-frozen damage was doubled to make up for no longer having access to Explosión de Fuego
and reducing redundancy in the process.
- now grants an 8% chance to Multistrike instead of 7% Haste.
- Trizar now multiplies Critical Strike chance by 1.5 (down from2).
- The Brain Freeze effect now increases Aluvión's damage by 25%, and can now stack up to 2 times. It alsono longer triggers from the Bomb Talents, and instead has a 10% chance to trigger from casts. Each Multistrike of Frostbolt increases that cast's chance by an additional 25%. (Total of 60% on double-Multistrikes).
- Lanza de hielo's base damage has been increased by 100%, but its damage multiplier against frozen targets has been reduced by 50%.
- is now available only to Fire Mages.
- Glifo carbonizado now causes Venas heladas to provide 35% chance to Multistrike instead of 20% Haste.
Rotation for Fire Mage is looking solid with the new Draenor Perks. However, their cooldown strength could use a buff.
- 's damage has been increased by 100%, but no longer deals direct damage or stuns, and replaces for Fire Mages.
In order to make room for more Haste effects to apply to Explosión Arcana
, we raised its cast time and damage slightly. We also made Arcane Charges last longer, to aid in questing and encounters.
- Explosión Arcana's cast time has been increased to 2.25 seconds (up from 2 seconds), damage has been increased by 12.5% to compensate, and replaces Aluvión for Arcane Mages.
- s now last 15 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
- Misiles Arcanos can now accumulate 3 charges (up from 2 charges).
Monje (Section Updated)
The brand-new class for Mists of Pandaria, Monks, turned out to be a ton of fun. Brewmasters stayed fairly solid all expansion long. Windwalkers needed a few tweaks here and there, especially to their Mastery, and still have a few shortcomings that we hope to improve, but overall worked quite well. Mistweavers had a bit of a rollercoaster ride, veering between weak and strong over the course of the expansion. Most of our changes to Monje
s will focus on Mistweavers, to try to get them just right.
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Monks, the pruning focused on niche abilities. One removal of note is that of Esfera de sanación
. The active ability to place a Esfera de sanación
was particularly awkward to use, but overpowered if used perfectly. So we removed it, and replaced it with Oleada de sanación
for Windwalkers and Brewmasters.
Ability Consolidation and RefinementMonje
ability consolidation is fairly straightforward. It includes merging of some passive abilities, and removing unneeded abilities that didn't create the gameplay depth they had been intended to.
About midway through the expansion, it became clear that mana was not valuable for Mistweavers. We tried some adjustments to solve that, but it proved too large of a change to make at the time. We chose to just live with that problem for the time being, and tune them around not really caring much about Spirit or mana (once they reached epic gear).
Now that we have the time to tweak things for Mistweavers to acquire new gear, we're making changes to get them in the right spot. Initially, we experimented with giving Mistwavers a 1-second global cooldown (GCD) akin to that of the Pícaro
to give them a faster combat feel. However, it's proven difficult to balance. Haste is attractive to healers because it lowers not just cast time but GCD as well. Therefore, Monks valued Haste much less than other healers. We explored a few options, but ultimately landed on changing the core GCD for Mistweavers from 1 second to the standard 1.5 seconds, which you will be able to reduce with Haste. This will feel jarring at first, but we're confident that it's for the best, long-term.
- All abilities available to Mistweavers now have a 1.5-second global cooldown (up from 1 second).
Estilo del tigre fiero now reduces the global cooldown of the Mistweaver Monk's abilities by 0.5 seconds.
- Aplazar now reduces the global cooldown of the Mistweaver Monk's abilities by 0.5 seconds.
Focus and Harmony is a new passive ability for Mistweaver Monks, causing Haste to reduce the global cooldown, and causes Attack Power to be equal to 100% of Spell Power.
Relámpago crepitante de jade
- no longer provides this Spell Power to Attack Power conversion.
's throughput has been increased by 100%, but it no longer generates Chi for Mistweaver Monks. Additionally, it is free in
. Brebaje del Buey Negro
now grants 1 charge of Mana Tea (down from 2 charges).
Ascension now increases maximum Mana by 20% (up from 15%).
is a new spell available to Mistweaver Monks, instantly detonating all Esferas de sanación
, and causing each of them to heal a nearby ally within 12 yards of the sphere with a 15-second cooldown.Esferas de sanación
now heal an ally within 12 yards (up from 6 yards) for 100% (up from 50%) of their normal healing, when they expire.Niebla reconfortante
's healing has been increased by 100%, its GCD has been reduced to 0.5 seconds, but no longer heals immediately, and no longer generates Chi.
no longer increases Haste from items by 50%.Invocar estatua del Dragón de Jade
now has a 10-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds).Té de enfoque del trueno
no longer costs Chi, causes the next Niebla renovadora
to jump up to 4 times (instead of causing the next Vivificar
to refresh the duration of Niebla renovadora
on all targets). Its effect on
remains unchanged.Niebla de jade
is a new passive ability for Mistweaver Monks, causing them to gain 5% more of the Multistrike stat from all sources, and also causes Niebla renovadora
and Patada del sol naciente
to have a chance equal to Multistrike chance to not go on cooldown when used. This effect cannot trigger on the next Niebla renovadora
or Patada del sol naciente
Another issue with Mistweavers is that of Enseñanzas ancestrales del monasterio
, which has never really played out how we had hoped. The intent with Enseñanzas ancestrales del monasterio
was to create an alternate play style to fulfill the fantasy of healing through dealing damage, since we knew a lot of players had that fantasy, and a new class was the perfect opportunity to satisfy that.
Having two play styles in one spec (Enseñanzas ancestrales del monasterio
, and traditional Tejer niebla
, healing primarily through casting heals) proved challenging to balance, because we don't want players to take the best parts of both and stack them into an unintended superior spec. The most notorious of these cases was "Jab-Jab-Uplift". In order to solve this problem, we're giving Mistweavers two stances.
will continue to be the stance from which to do traditional Tejer niebla
. The new
will be the stance to use for Enseñanzas ancestrales del monasterio
. You can swap stances at will, with only the cost of a GCD and any current Chi that you've accrued. The intention is that Crane Stance allows Mistweavers to trade healing for damage; it should fall somewhere in the middle between being a full healer, and being a full damage dealer.Relámpago crepitante de jade
channels 150% faster, generates 1 Chi each time it deals damage, but costs 300% more mana.Patada oscura
, increasing Critical Strike chance by 20% for 20 seconds.Patada oscura
causes Enseñanzas ancestrales del monasterio
to heal 5 allies instead of 1, but heals for only 20% of damage dealt instead of 35%.
The Monk gains a stack of
for every Chi consumed.
reduces the cast time and Mana cost of the next
by 20% per stack up to a maximum of 5 stacks.
Muscle Memory has been removed.
Serpent's Zeal has been removed.
has been removed.Patada del sol naciente
is now available to Mistweaver and Windwalker Monk
s. However, it does not cause Heridas letales
The following abilities now require
The following abilities now require
for Mistweavers:Esferas de sanación
have been improved. You'll no longer waste them when running over multiples at once when you only need a little healing. We significantly improved the Mistweavers' Healing Spheres effect when they expire. We also made Afterlife's Healing Spheres consistent with the rest of the class.
- When a player runs through multiple Esferas de sanación at once, only as many as needed to heal the player to full health will be consumed (instead of all of them if the player is injured at all).
- Esferas de sanación summoned by Mastery: (Mistweaver) now heal an injured ally within 12 yards (up from 6 yards) for 100% (up from 50%) of their normal effect when they expire, and scales with Spell Power instead of Attack Power.
- Esferas de sanación summoned by Sublimación (Windwalkers) now heals for the same amount as other Esferas de sanación (instead of healing for 15% of maximum health).
- Healing Spheres generated from Ofrenda del buey now heals the Monk if they are within 6 yards of the sphere when it expires.
Shared Ability Changes
There were several changes that affected multiple Monje
specializations. We'd like to see Monje
s using Transcendencia
more often, so its usability has been improved (some baseline, and some in a Draenor Perk). For Touch of Death, we like that it's a unique execute being usable only once, but found it impractical to use on bosses and have improved its usability. For Tiger Strikes, we buffed it to grant Multistrike ability which it was similar to already, and extended it to work with all Monje
specializations. To better balance the damage of Brewmaster versus Windwalker where both share many of the same abilities, we removed the damage increase provided by Tiger Stance, and increased the damage of melee abilities to compensate.
is now available to all Monje
specializations, and has a chance to trigger on successful auto attacks and their Multistrikes. It has an 8% chance to trigger while using a two-handed weapon, and a 5% chance to trigger while dual wielding.
Toque de la muerte
- When triggered, now grants a 25% increase to Multistrike for 8 seconds instead of a 50% increase to attack speed and double attacks for 4 attacks.
is no longer available to Mistweaver Monks, and is usable on targets that have 10% or less health remaining, or have less current health than your maximum health. The rules against players remain unchanged.Transcendencia
: Transfer no longer has an energy or mana cost.
For Energy-based gameplay to function well, the primary limitation on ability usage should be Energy, not time. That breaks down when a rotation becomes limited by available GCDs, rather than by Energy. Windwalkers were hitting this “GCD-cap” too easily, causing scaling problems as they geared up, and removing rotational choices. To solve this problem, we’ve made a few tweaks that will slow down their rotation slightly; but still allow Windwalkers who enjoy the GCD-capped playstyle to have options available to focus on Haste and Energy regeneration. Individually, these may sound like significant nerfs, but Windwalker damage has been adjusted to compensate for these changes. The goal is to address the issue with GCD-capping while not reducing DPS.
There are a couple of additional changes for Windwalkers. Storm, Earth, and Fire, got buffed to make it smoother to use. We also buffed Puños de furia
because we felt that the ability wasn't giving a strong enough damage boost given its restrictions and impact on the Monje
- Stance of the Fierce Tiger now increases all damage done by 20%
- Puños de furia now deals 100% increased damage, and always deal full damage to the primary target; additional targets are still affected by the damage split.
- Storm, Earth, and Fire no longer has an energy cost, and is off global cooldown.
For Brewmasters, Gift of the Ox has been modified to allow it to scale defensively with the new Multistrike stat. The Black Ox Statue has been modified to aid Monje
s in establishing threat on new enemies instead of shielding allies. We also removed the Misfire effect, as it did not live up to its original idea, and was unnecessary.
- Estatua del Buey Negro no longer casts Guardia on allies and now has a 10-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds). Estatua del Buey Negro now passively attracts the attention of all enemies within 30 yards, causing a minor amount of threat each second.
- Estupor mareante now has no Energy cost but no longer causes the target's melee attacks to sometimes misfire.
- Brebaje de piel de hierro now increases dodge chance by 45% (up from 30%).
- Ofrenda del buey now has a chance to trigger only from auto attack Multistrikes, instead of from all auto attacks. It has a 100% chance to trigger while using a two-handed weapon, and a 62.5% chance to trigger while dual wielding.
- Aplazar now increases Stamina by 25%
40% (up from 20%), reduces magic damage taken by 10% (down from all damage taken by 25%), and grants a 50% increase to Armor, but no longer increases Energy regeneration.
- Shuffle now increases Stagger and Parry by 10% (down from 20%).
Paladín (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Paladins, the pruning focused on removing niche abilities, and trimming cooldowns.
Ability Streamlining and Refinement
There were a few mergers of passive abilities, and some tweaks to a couple of abilities.
- Luz divina has been renamed Luz Sagrada.
- Protección divina now lasts 8 seconds (down from 10 seconds).
- Guardián de los antiguos reyes now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).
- now heals all allies within 10 yards for 15% of Choque Sagrado's healing (instead of 75%, split between each ally).
- Gran cruzado now triggers from any avoidance, not just dodge and parry.
- Hand of Sacrifice is now off global-cooldown.
- Sentencia is now naturally free for Holy Paladins, and naturally generates 1 Holy Power for Protection and Retribution Paladins.
has been removed.
Redemption's mana cost has been reduced by 95%.Sanación desinteresada
no longer causes
to apply to Sanación relámpago
. For Holy Paladins, it now increases the healing of Sanación relámpago
on others by 35% per stack (up from 20%). For Retribution and Protection Paladins, the effect on Flash of Light remains unchanged.
Sword of Light now increases damage by 25% (down from 30%).
We made several changes for Holy, to go along with other larger system changes to compensate for the removal of Guardián de los antiguos reyes
from Holy, and merged its benefits into Divine Favor. In order to follow through on our change to merge all types of Haste %, we removed the Spell Haste % from
to a Holy-only passive, so that it didn't also increase Protection's baseline Haste by 10%. Our changes to healer mana and mobility also indirectly increased the value of Sanación desinteresada
by a large amount, so we brought it back down to be even in power with the other talents on its row. We also raised the range of
to be consistent with other spells. Lastly, we adjusted the critical strike chance of Choque Sagrado
, to increase the value of Critical Strike for Holy Paladin
For Protection, we tweaked
in order to reduce its massive self-healing amount, and provide better balance between talents on that row. We also added a new passive,
, in order to give defensive value to the new Multistrike stat.
's damage and cooldown were also increased, and Cólera santificada
changed to buff it further, in order to give Protection Paladins more burst threat and damage, while retaining its core damage-splitting identity.
- Mastery: Divine Bulwark now increases damage reduction from Shield of the Righteous by 6% (scaling with Mastery, down from starting at 8%), and causes Bastion of Glory to increase healing received from Word of Glory by 6% (scaling with Mastery, down from starting at 8%).
- no longer affects the periodic healing of . It still affects the direct healing portion of the ability.
- Salvaguardia now reduces damage taken by 10% (down from 15), and no longer increases Armor.
- now increases Stamina by 15% (down from 25%), and increases block chance by 5% (down from 10%).
- Escudo del honrado now reduces physical damage taken by 20% (down from 25%).
- now increases Word of Glory’s healing by 6% per stack (down from 10% per stack).
- is a new passive ability for Protection Paladins.
: All heals you receive have a chance equal to your Multistrike chance to trigger , healing you for an additional 30% of the triggering heal.
's damage has been increased by 100%, and its cooldown increased to 15 seconds (up from 9 seconds).Cólera santificada
for Protection Paladins has been redesigned.
- Cólera santificada (Protection) now increases the damage of by 100% and causes it to generate 1 Holy Power.
We made a few additional changes to Paladín
s. We revised the functionality of Martillo del honrado
a bit, such that its performance is about the same, but its tooltip is much clearer. We also made
much more attractive to use as an emergency button. We also revised how
interacts with Holy Power, and allowed it to once again trigger
. One big change for Retribution that isn't mentioned here is the removal of Inquisición
(see Ability Pruning), which will have a notable effect on their rotation.
- 's periodic healing effect has been changed. Its duration now scales with Holy Power, instead of its healing. Its effect at 3 Holy Power remains unchanged.
- Martillo del honrado now deals 50% Physical weapon damage (up from 15%) to the primary target, but the primary target is no longer hit with the Holy damage.
- can once again be triggered by .
- Seals no longer cost any mana.
- (the Holy version of ) now deals its healing in a large burst at first, and then decreasing over time (reversed from before).
s received several significant changes, mainly focused on reining in Discipline's damage absorption shields, improving quality of life for Discipline and Holy specializations, and solving single-target damage issues for Shadow.
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Priests, pruning focused on removing redundant off-role abilities, trimming cooldowns, and removing niche abilities.Coraza espiritual
is now a level-75 talent, replacing
for Discipline Priests.
Strength of Soul has been removed.
Train of Thought has been removed.Al Vacío
has been removed.
Ability Consolidation and RefinementSacerdote
s had quite a few bits of complication strewn throughout their spells which we polished out.
- Sanación superior has been renamed to Heal.
- 's effects have been merged into baseline Palabra de poder: escudo for Discipline Priests.
has been redesigned. It now increases the Priest's stat gains to Haste from all sources by 40% for 6 seconds.
now always costs 3
, and how heals the Sacerdote
for 100% of all damage it deals, instead of healing per tick.Fuego Sagrado
now lasts 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds).
no longer allows any healing spells to be cast but also no longer has a restriction on casting other Holy spells.Abrazo vampírico
now heals all party and raid members for 10% of damage done, and this healing is no longer split between targets (up from 75% of damage done, split between targets).Pozo de Luz
's healing effect is no longer canceled if the target takes enough damage.Supresión de dolor
no longer reduces the target's threat by 5%.Dispersión
and Toque vampírico
no longer restores mana.
no longer affects the damage or mana cost of spells. Damage of affected spells have been adjusted to compensate.Palabra de las Sombras: dolor
's initial damage is now considered direct damage, not periodic damage.Himno divino
now heals all party or raid members instead of a variable number depending on raid size. Its healing has been adjusted to compensate.Voluntad centrada
now triggers from any damage taken instead of being limited to being the victim of any damage above 5% of total health or being critically hit by non-periodic attacks.
Level-90 Talents and AtonementExpiación
was the original damage-to-healing conversion ability, but grew out of control during Mists of Pandaria. We decided to reduce its effectiveness, to bring it more in line with our goal of it being an option to trade significant healing for significant damage (ending up somewhere between a full healer and a full damage dealer). Another place where Discipline's absorbs were too strong was in their interaction with the level-90 Talents, especially in large Raids. Near the end of Mists of Pandaria, we uncapped the AoE healing of that Talent row; that has proven to be a mistake in Discipline's case, not just because it caused the level-90 Talents themselves to heal for too much, but rather because the gigantic overhealing that that produced translated into gigantic
- Expiación now heals for 25% less than before.
- now has a 1.5-second cast time(up from instant cast). (See also: Instant Cast Heals)
Discipline and Holy: The abilities now heal for 50% less, costs 67% less mana, and no longer damages enemies.
- Shadow: The abilities now costs 67% less mana, but no longer heals allies.
now has a 1.5-second cast time(up from instant cast), but can be cast while moving, and follows standard AoE capping rules. (See also: Instant Cast Heals)
- Discipline and Holy: The abilities now heal for 50% less, costs 67% less mana, and no longer damages enemies.
- Shadow: The abilities now costs 67% less mana, but no longer heals allies.
now has a 1.5-second cast time(up from instant cast), and now follows standard AoE capping rules. (See also: Instant Cast Heals)
- Discipline and Holy: The abilities now heal for 50% less, costs 67% less mana, and no longer damages enemies.
- Shadow: The abilities now costs 67% less mana, but no longer heals allies.
For Holy Priests, our biggest concern is with the
s. We think that
s are the defining abilities of Holy Priests, but that they haven't lived up to their potential. We decided to move more of their effectiveness from their raw throughput buff (which felt like a penalty for being in the wrong chakra, rather than a bonus for being in the right
) into their bonus effects, and the Holy Word spells that they grant. Please note that all Sacerdote
healing spells have been retuned to account for the loss of throughput increases from
s. We also returned Renovar
to a normal 1.5-secondglobal cooldown (GCD), so that Renovar
blanketing is still possible, but less ideal without Haste. Finally, the ability for Palabra de poder: escudo
to critically strike or Multistrike is now baseline for all Sacerdote
specializations instead of just Discipline so that it continues to be a viable choice for Holy at higher gear levels.
- is a new passive ability for Holy Priests.
increases the amount of the Multistrike stat gains from all sources by 5%, and increases the damage and healing of Multistrikes by 20%.
no longer refreshes the duration of Renovar
.Palabra sagrada: santificar
's cooldown is now 12 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
no longer grants a chance for Punición
to reset Palabra sagrada: condena
no longer increases healing of area-of-effect spells. It now causes healing spell casts to reduce the remaining cooldown on Palabra sagrada: santificar
by 1 second instead of always reducing the cooldown by 2 seconds.
no longer increases healing of single-target spells.Palabra de poder: escudo
may now critically strike or Multistrike.
has been removed. (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
now heals for 60% more than before.
now heals for 40% more than before.Palabra de poder: escudo
now has a chance for a critical effect based on critical strike chance and can Multistrike based on Multistrike chance for all specializations.Purificar
can now be cast while in Espíritu redentor
no longer reduces the global cooldown of Renovar
Shadow ChangesShadow Priest
s had one large problem toward the end of Mists of Pandaria: single-target damage. Their AoE and multi-DoT damage was some of the best around, so they still ended up competitive on most fights. But, in any fight that was mostly single-target, they felt lacking. Additionally, one of the new stats we're adding in Warlords of Draenor, Multistrike, is almost exactly what their current Mastery, Shadowy Recall, does for DoTs. So, we took these two problems and came up with a change that we think will solve both of them. The result is a new Mastery, which primarily increases single-target damage. Shadow Priest
s who want to focus on single-target damage can aim for Mastery in their gearing; or, when multi-dotting is more valuable, prefer other secondary stats over Mastery.
now always costs 3
Spiritual Precision has been removed. (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
The cooldown of Explosión mental
has also been adjusted to make Haste more valuable for Shadow, and removes Haste breakpoints.
- Explosión mental's cooldown is now reduced by haste, but its base cooldown is now 9 seconds (up from 8 seconds).
Several talents were split into different versions by specialization. We revised the effectiveness of some of these talents to better balance talent choices on their row. We also swapped the Level-15 and Level-60 talent rows so players are presented with core Priest themed abilities earlier in the leveling process.
To get back to a balanced place, we've reapplied the AoE caps to the level-90 Talents, making them consistent with all other AoE heals, and reduced their effectiveness across the board. We've compensated for this in the tuning of Sacerdote
- Level-15 and Level-60 talent rows have swapped places.
- 's effects have been split based on specialization.
Discipline: The effect is now based on Coraza espiritual.
- Shadow: This effect is now named Perspicacia sombría.
From Darkness, Comes Light has been split into two abilities depending on the Sacerdote
Infusión de poder
- Oleada de oscuridad (Shadow) now has a maximum of 3 charges (up from 2) and can now also trigger its effect from , but its chance to trigger has been reduced to 10% (down from 20%) to compensate.
- Oleada de Luz (Discipline, Holy) activation chance has been reduced to 8% (down from 15%).
now grants 25% Haste (up from 20%), but no longer increases damage (down from 5%).
has been split into Palabra de poder: consuelo
for Discipline and Holy, and Insanity for Shadow.
Giro del destino
- has been changed to cause consuming to transform Tortura mental into for 2 seconds per consumed.
now only triggers from healing for Discipline and Holy Priests, and only triggers from damage for Shadow Priest
First, there are a couple of quality-of-life changes for Rezo de alivio
and Pluma angélica
s. Next is a fix for a problem with
, where it lasts its full duration against creatures that had no way to attack it, such as in certain Raid encounters (note that the health reduction is to keep it where it was in health, compared to player health doubling). We also removed the Mana generation from Maligno de las Sombras
, in order to simplify it to being a burst-damage-cooldown. And last but certainly not least, we're making Nova Sagrada
an efficient AoE healing spell for Discipline Priests.
- Angelic Feathersnow increases movement speed by 60% (down from 80%). If cast on players, will always prefer the casting Sacerdote over others, then pick the player closest to the targeted location. If there are no players where it is targeted, it will still create a feather that can be picked up, as before. Additionally, when collecting multiple feathers, the duration will be extended instead of replaced; up to a maximum of 130% of base duration.
- Enlightenment is a new passive ability for Discipline Priests.
Enlightenment increases the critical healing chance of Prayer of Mending by 10%, and increases stat gains to Critical Strike from all sources by 5%.
Holy Nova is no longer available through a Major Glyph, and is instead a Discipline specialization spell. Its mana cost has been lowered and its healing increased. It is intended as the efficient area-of-effect (AoE) healing spell for Discipline Priests.Rezo de alivio
from multiple Sacerdote
s can now be on the same target, and can be on multiple targets from the same Sacerdote
, but the ability has a 1.5-second cast time(up from instant cast). (See also: Instant Cast Heals)Maligno de las Sombras
no longer restores mana.
- Dominamentes now restores 0.75% mana per hit (down from 1.75% mana).
now have 10% of the Sacerdote
's health (down from 20%), and damage dealt to the rooted target is now also dealt to the Tentáculo del Vacío
Pícaro (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Rogues, a couple of abilities were changed to be specialization specific where they were redundant, did some thinning on cooldown.
Ability Consolidation and RefinementPícaro
s received several mergers of passive abilities. There's also additional cooldown thinning with the change to Secretos del oficio
- now increases damage by 15% (down from 20%).
- Punto ciego's effects have been merged into baseline Mutilar.
- Ráfaga de velocidad now costs 30
25 Energy (up from 15 Energy).
- Crimson Tempest's periodic damage now has rolling periodic behavior, meaning that remaining damage from the previous application is added into the newly-applied periodic-damage effect.
- Cut to the Chase's effects have been merged into baseline Envenenar.
- Lanzamiento mortal no longer has a minimum range.
- 's effects have been merged into baseline Slice and Dice for Subtlety Rogues.
- Envenenar now increases poison chance by 30% (up from 15%).
- Find Weakness' effects have been merged into baseline Emboscada, Garrote, and Golpe bajo for Subtlety Rogues.
- Garrote now ticks every 2 seconds (up from every 3 seconds). Damage has been adjusted to compensate.
- Asesinato múltiple no longer increases all damage done for the duration. Its damage has been increased to compensate.
- Maestro de la sutileza's effects have been merged into baseline Sigilo for Subtlety Rogues.
- Relentless Strikes' effects have been merged into Crueldad for Combat Rogues. It remains a separate passive for Assassination and Subtlety Rogues.
- Restless Blades' effects have been merged into Crueldad.
- Caída segura's effects have been merged into baseline Pies ligeros.
- Secretos del oficio now has no energy cost and no longer increases damage caused by the target by 15%.
- Heridas envenenadas's effects have been merged into baseline Ruptura for Assassination Rogues. It no longer triggers from Garrote and now always triggers when Ruptura deals damage (up from a 75% chance).
The biggest change for Pícaro
s is a fundamental change to how Combo Points work. They're now shared across all enemies; you can swap targets and you won't lose your Combo Points.
- Combo Points for Pícaros are now shared across all targets and they are no longer lost when switching targets.
- Redirect has been removed.
is an interesting mechanic that is important to Combat gameplay, but wasn't working out quite as well as we think that it could. In particular, there's basically no way to adjust when you're going to be in
, other than stopping your rotation (and thus wasting energy, combo points, temporary effects, cooldown time, etc.). So, we're making an adjustment to
. The intention here is that you can use
in place of Golpe siniestro
when you want to delay
(such as to line it up with a specific upcoming fight mechanic), and have little lost damage besides the overall
uptime. We don't expect this nuanced rotation adjustment to be used by all Combat Rogues, but having a little more control over the pace of your rotation will be useful to some.
Also worth noting here is the removal of Ambidexterity. This was done to reduce the amount of damage coming from auto attacks for Combat Rogues. We've increased the damage of their active abilities to compensate and make them more rewarding.
Finally, we changed Daga de guardamano
to accentuate the importance of the off-hand weapon for Combat.
- now grants Golpe siniestro a 25% chance to generate an extra Combo Point (up from 20%) but no longer advances .
- Ambidexterity has been removed.
- Daga de guardamano now deals off-hand weapon damage. Its damage has been increased to compensate.
Area-of-Effect Attacks (Assassination, Combat)
Among some other changes to improve Rogue AoE damage, we made a couple of baseline changes, and added a few Draenor Perks that impacts their AoE.
is an extremely powerful ability, but has the downside that it adds significant disparity between character power while soloing and while in a group. We made this change to bring up the soloing Subtlety Rogue, without having a significant impact on their performance while in a group. The passive ability
also received significant change to better balance scaling rates, the value of secondary stats, improve Multistrike for them, and add rotational depth.
- Puñalada can now be used on either side of the target, in addition to behind the target. (See also:Facing Requirements)
- Hemorrhage’s periodic damage is now based on attack power (instead of the initial strike's damage), and ticks every 2 seconds. Damage has been adjusted to compensate.
can now also be triggered by critical hits from the Pícaro's melee Auto Attacks.
- now increases Agility by 15% (down from 30%), and the amount of Multistrike bonus received from all sources by 5% (in order to act as Subtlety's Secondary Stat Attunement). And finally, when the rogue Multistrikes with Puñalada or Emboscada, they also twist the blade, causing all Bleed effects to advance by 2 seconds, triggering an instant tick.
has proved too powerful, and frustrating to play against in PvP, so we decided to reduce its defensive capabilities, while preserving its offensive power. We changed the Subterfugio
period to allow the use of stealth abilities without actually stealthing you, similar to
- Subterfugio now allows you to use abilities that require stealth for 3 seconds after leaving Sigilo, instead of actually staying stealthed for 3 seconds.
Chamán (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Shamans, we removed some niche abilities, and also split out a few abilities by specialization.
has been split into different versions based on specialization.
for Enhancement, modifies Desatar vida
for Restoration, and modifies
for Elemental.Escudo de agua
is now available only to Restoration Shaman
, and replaces
Ability Consolidation and RefinementChamán
had a number of extra abilities that were consolidated to provide a smoother rotation flow. Mana regeneration and mana costs for Elemental and Enhancement were made compensate for abilities removed via Ability Pruning. The removal of Weapon Imbues was significant. There was always one right answer for each specialization, and so we made the appropriate Weapon Imbue passive to each spec, or tuned abilities around its removal.
Finally, there's the removal of Trueno ensordecedor
. In concept, this is a simple merger of Trueno ensordecedor
, but also with some consolidation of its effects; the mana recovery component was removed along with other mana changes, and the random chance was removed while maximum stack size was increased to compensate. The randomness in Trueno ensordecedor
became redundant, because there already was a source of randomness in
now that Multistrikes trigger it.
Elemental Oath and Unleashed Rage have been removed.
Arma Lengua de Fuego
- now also provides 5% Haste to all party and raid members.
and Arma Viento furioso
have been removed.
's duration has been increased to 30 seconds.
no longer generates additional threat.
Greater Healing Wave has been renamed to Ola de sanación
.Tótem de Marea de sanación
now heals all party or raid members, but amount healed per target has been reduced to compensate.Latigazo de lava
now spreads Flame Shock to up to 6 nearby enemies (up from 4 enemies).
Roiling Thunder has been removed.
- Elemental Shaman Mana regeneration has been increased by 50% to compensate.
- now causes Explosión elemental, and damage and multistrike damage to always generate an additional charge, up to a maximum of 15. Choque de tierra will consume any charges beyond 1, dealing their total damage to the enemy target.
no longer reduces Mana costs while active.Tormenta de truenos
no longer regenerates Mana.
Totems will no longer cause hostile creatures to enter combat with the Chamán
based on proximity.
has been split into different versions based on specialization.
Escudo de agua
- is now available only to Enhancement Shaman, and now increases attack speed by 60% (up from 50%), and increases the damage of the Chamán's next Fire spell by 40% (up from 30%), but no longer deals direct damage or requires an enemy target.
- has been made into a separate ability available only to Elemental Shaman, and now increases the damage of the Chamán's next Fire spell by 40% (up from 30%), but no longer deals direct damage or requires an enemy target.
- Desatar vida has been made into a separate ability available only to Restoration Shaman, and now heals an ally and increases the effect of the Chamán's next direct heal by 30%.
- now provides similar benefits, but applied as buffs to the Chamán, instead of debuffs to an enemy. For Enhancement Shamans, it now grants 5% increase Multistrike chance instead of causing your auto attacks to trigger Choque estático.
now only triggers from melee attacks.Resurgimiento
no longer requires Escudo de agua
to be active.
Elemental and Enhancement Changes
For Elemental and Enhancement, we had a few problems to solve. Enhancement suffers from having their damage split among so many damage sources that none of it feels impressive. We changed the damage of several abilities to try to reorganize their damage into fewer, more impactful abilities, while keeping the net total the same. For a long time Elemental Shaman
was one of the specializations most impacted by movement, at a time where other casters were increasingly able to cast while moving.
In Warlords of Draenor, we're pulling back on the ability for many casters to deal damage while moving, and that includes Elemental. They will still have some ability to deal damage while moving, through Shocks, Unleash Weapon, and instant Ráfaga de lava
s. For Chain Lightning, we wanted to reduce the impact of Haste soft capping, and so changed
to increase damage instead of reduce cast time. Additionally, we simplified Corte de viento
by removing its impact on threat, which no longer matters.
- for the Enhancement specialization now changes the Chamán's auto attacks and Golpe de tormenta to deal Wind-based physical damage that bypasses armor.
- deals 90% less Auto Attack damage but generates 1000% more threat.
- Elemental Precision has been removed. (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
- Feral Spirits' damage has been increased by 300%.
- Meteoro now has a cooldown of 4.5 second (up from 4.0 seconds).
- has been redesigned. Cuerpo a cuerpo haste effects now reduce the global cooldown and cooldowns of Choque de tierra, Meteoro, , , Latigazo de lava, Choque estático, Golpe de tormenta, and .
- Latigazo de lava now has a cooldown of 10.5 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
- is no longer castable while moving by default. Effects like Gracia del caminaespíritus can still make the spell castable while moving.
- Tótem de magma's damage has been increased by 100%, and now ticks faster with Haste..
- 's chance to trigger has been reduced by 20%.
- Elemental de tierra primigenio's Pulverizar ability no longer deals damage.
- Searing Totem's Searing Bolt now has a 2-second cast time (up from 1.5 seconds), but casts faster with Haste, and its damage has been increased by 120%.
- no longer reduces the cast time of , but instead now increases the damage of by 100% (up from 70%).
- no longer increases the chance to hit with , Ráfaga de lava, Maleficio, or . (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
- Golpe de tormenta now has a cooldown of 7.5 seconds (down from 8 seconds).
- no longer deals direct damage, but now increases the damage of the Chamán's next Fire spell by 40% (up from 30%).
- no longer deals direct damage, butnow increases attack speed by 60% (up from 50%).
- Using Unleashed Fury with Windfury Weapon imbue active now increases Multistrike chance by 5%.
- Corte de viento no longer affects threat.
- Arma Viento furioso no longer has a 3-second internal cooldown.
One of the new secondary stats Multistrike, functions very similarly to
. We wanted to keep Mastery and Multistrike feeling distinct, but also know how iconic and important
is for Elemental Shaman
. So, we decided to merge the two together with Multistrike driving
, and give the Elemental specialization a new Mastery. For the new Mastery, we wanted to strengthen the Elemental Shaman
's connection to earth energies, and added damage that continues while the Chamán
is moving. The summary of all this is that if you liked Mastery before, favor Multistrike instead for the same effect. Or try out the new Mastery: Rabia de la tierra
were also improved significantly to offset the fact that
was a massive buff to it, but Rabia de la tierra
- is now a regular passive ability and is no longer increased by Mastery. It grants 35% increased Multistrike damage and healing, and an additional 20% to Multistrike chance. It also increases the amount of the Multistrike stat gains from all sources by 5%, serving as Elemental's Secondary Stat attunement.
- Rabia de la tierra is a new Mastery for Elemental Shaman.
Rabia de la tierra causes the Chamán's damaging spells to incite the earth around to come to their aid for 6 seconds, repeatedly dealing Fire damage to their most recently attacked target.
's damage has been increased by 50%.Terremoto
's damage has been increased by 33%.
Restoration ChangesRestoration Shaman
had the most passive and smart healing of any healer, and so received some reductions in that area, along with buffs elsewhere to keep them competitive.
- Sanación en cadena now heals each chain target for 10% less than the previous target.
- is no longer triggered by damaging spells for Restoration Shaman, or by healing spells for non-Restoration Shaman.
- Explosión elemental now also grants increased Spirit for Restoration Shaman, in addition to the random secondary stat. Spirit amount granted is equal to double the random secondary stat amount.
- Multiple Earth Shields can now be applied to the same target.
- Earthliving Weapon now increases healing done by 5% (instead of increasing healing Spell Power by a flat amount).
- Tótem Corriente de sanación's mana cost has been reduced to 10% of base mana (down from23.5%), and its healing has been reduced by 50%.
- Mareas vivas's healing has been adjusted to put significantly more of it into the initial heal. The initial heal amount has been increased by 70%, while the periodic healing amount has been reduced by 20%.
- Maremotos now reduces the cast time of Ola de sanación by 20% (down from 30%).
- Desatar vida no longer increases the healing from Lluvia de sanación but its direct healing has been increased by 100%.
- Glifo carbonizado no longer causes Sanación en cadena to have a 2-second cooldown.
- Glifo carbonizado now only increases the mana returned from recalling your totems by 25% (down from 75%).
We also made a couple quality of life improvements to Shaman Shield spells.
Brujo (Section Updated)Brujo
s received some polish but remain relatively unchanged. They saw the most change of any class in Mists of Pandaria, and so were in need of less revision this time around.
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Warlocks, that primarily focused on removing niche abilities.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
had several extremely niche spell amplifications which were removed. We distinguished Mano de Gul'dan
and Ola de caos
further by removing the snare from the former and improving the snare of the latter. Beyond that, there was a simple consolidation of some abilities.Mano de Gul'dan
no longer snares the enemy.
Decimation's effects have been merged into baseline Fuego de alma
and Descarga de las Sombras
's effects have been merged into
pets now generates 20% more
has been removed. Its effects have been merged into
, which Affliction Warlock
s should use in its place.
Nightfall's effects have been merged into baseline Corruption for Affliction Warlock
's effects have been merged into baseline
.Semilla de corrupción
and Soulburn: Seed of Corruption can no longer both apply to the same target.
We felt that Brujo
s brought too much unique Raid utility, so decided to tone down Piedra de salud
s and Portal demoníaco
. We moved Poción de sanación
s and Piedra de salud
s into a cooldown of their own, and made them usable once per combat.
- Portal demoníacos no longer have charges (up from being limited to 5 charges). Every Party or Raid member can use them once every 90 seconds (up from 45 seconds). The maximum distance apart they can be placed is now 40 yards (down from 70 yards).
- Piedra de salud's cooldown will now not reset until the player leaves combat. Healing from this ability is now a flat amount (instead of a % of maximum health) and can no longer be a Critical Effect.
For Affliction, we're happy with their rotation. But, Drain Soul was causing them to be too strong in situations where they had a steady supply of small creatures to kill. We reduced the effectiveness of its on-kill effect in order to solve this. Additionally, Soul Swap was changed to cost 1
to push it into its intended role of being a more expensive but faster method of applying your periodic damage effects, and better balance it against Poseer
- now creates 1 (down from 4 ) when the target dies.
- Poseer now increases periodic damage by 30% (down from 35%).
- Trueque de alma now costs 1 (up from none).
: Trueque de alma costs a total of 2 (up from 1).
We were unsatisfied with Grimoire of Sacrifice for Demonology. Fundamentally, it did not fit Demonology's theme to sacrifice their pet, full time. We had toyed with ideas where it acted as a temporary cooldown for Demonology, but have decided to replace it with a new talent, which is more theme-appropriate, and fits well against the competition in that talent row. We also tweaked the design of Master Demonologist, in order to solve some edge cases, and simplify and clarify its effects.
We've reduced the ability for ranged damage dealers to deal damage while moving in Warlords.
became a problematic talent because its mobility made Brujo
s much stronger compared to other casters. We redesigned how the ability works to be more powerful in bursts instead of always affecting only some spells.
- has been redesigned. calls upon the cunning of Kil'jaeden to permit movement while casting Brujo spells. This spell may be cast while casting other spells and lasts 8 seconds with a 1-minute cooldown.
- was removed.
Finally, there are a couple of miscellaneous changes. For Drain Life, we reduced the base healing somewhat, but massively increased the effectiveness of the Glyph which increases its healing, so as to help open up more potential
use in ideal situations. And lastly, we simplified Quemadura de las Sombras
- now heals for 30% less than before.
- Quemadura de las Sombras no longer generates any mana.
- now increases the healing of by 100% (up from 30%).
Guerrero (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Warriors, we focused on removing abilities that were redundant, and making some tweaks to their rotations.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
- Grito de batalla now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
- Blood and Thunder's effects have been merged into baseline Heridas profundas for Protection Warriors.
- now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
- Vanguardia now reduces damage taken by 20% (down from 25%).
- Grito desmoralizador now lasts 8 seconds (down from 10 seconds).
- Última carga now lasts 12 seconds(down from 20 seconds).
- Muro de escudo now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).
- Furia redoblada's effects have been merged into .
- Empuñadura de titán's effects have been merged into .
- now increases all damage by 30% (up from 20%) while using one-handed weapons.
- Seccionar now costs 10 Rage and deals 20% weapon damage, in addition to the movement speed slow.
- Cuchilla de carne's effects have been merged into baseline Torbellino for Fury Warriors.
- now increases damage by 10% (down from 15%).
- 's effects have been merged into baseline Devastar.
- Atronar now costs 10 Rage, and also reduces the movement speed of nearby enemies by 50% for 6 sec.
- 's effects have been merged into baseline Embate con escudo.
s have always had stances; they're very important to the feeling of being a Guerrero
. In order to make stances more meaningful, and ease keybinds, we made stances have their own action bars, and re-added stance restrictions on abilities. However, we also made it so that you'll automatically be shifted into the appropriate stance if you try to use an ability that isn't usable in your current stance. One important difference between this and previous incarnations of Warrior stances is that these abilities are rotational, not utility cooldowns. Stances are now more for different gameplay modes (dealing damage vs. tanking). There shouldn’t be cases where you find yourself swapping stances, use an ability, and then immediately swapping back.
- Warrior Stances now once again have their own action bars.
Attempting to use an ability that requires a different stance will now automatically switch to that stance.
Activating Defensive Stance now puts Golpe mortal, Sed de sangre, Torbellino, Embate, Arremetida enfurecida, and Tajo furioso on a 6-second cooldown. is now available to all Guerrero specializations (was Protection only) and requires Vanguardia or .
For Arms and Fury Warriors, Devastate has a 30% chance to reset the cooldown of Revancha. Revancha is now available to all Guerrero specializations (was Protection only), and requires Vanguardia or .
is now available for all Guerrero
specializations (was Protection only) and requires Vanguardia
- For Arms and Fury Warriors, Shield Barrier can be used without a shield.
We wanted to fix a few problems with Guerrero
s. Prominently, we still weren't happy with Arms' rotation (and neither were many players), so we've made some more changes. The goal is to remove needless complexity while simultaneously adding more depth. As mentioned in the above section on Ability Pruning, Overpower and Heroic Strike have been removed for Arms Guerrero
s. In their place, Embate
now costs less Rage, and Ejecutar
has been revised to provide more dynamic gameplay throughout the whole fight while still retaining its identity of a low-health finisher.
In addition, we weren't satisfied with the Mastery for Arms. The intended flavor for Arms is about hitting with few, big, and heavy weapon strikes. Strikes of Opportunity actually went opposite of that, adding frequent little hits. We've replaced Strikes of Opportunity with a new Mastery which accentuates their intended design.
- for Arms Guerreros now generates 115% more Rage from auto-attacks and Golpes críticos now generate double Rage.
- Vanguardia for Arms Guerreros now generates 50% as much Rage from auto-attacks as in .
- Arms Guerreros now generate Rage from taking auto-attack damage. Each 1% of health taken as damage will generate 1 Rage, up to 5 Rage per hit.
- Mastery: Strikes of Opportunity has been removed, and replaced with a new ability, Mastery: Weapons Master.
Mastery: Weapons Master increases the damage of Machaque colosal, Golpe mortal, and Ejecutar abilities by 20% (increasing with Mastery).
now costs 20 Rage, deals 225% increased damage, and no longer increases the damage of Embate
is no longer available to Arms Guerrero
for Arms Guerrero
s now costs 10 Rage, and consumes up to 30 additional Rage to deal additional damage.Golpe mortal
now costs 20 Rage (instead of generating 10 Rage).Abrumar
has been removed. Arms Guerrero
s should now use Desgarrar
is a new ability for Arms Guerrero
- Desgarrar causes bleed damage over 18 seconds, and a final burst of bleed damage when the effect expires. Costs 5 Rage
has been removed. Arms Guerrero
s should now use Desgarrar
now costs 10 Rage (down from 30 Rage).Muerte súbita
has been removed.
Unbridled Wrath has been removed.
Burst Damage Cooldowns
As with other classes, we wanted to reduce cooldown stacking. Cutting Skull Banner did a ton to help that across the whole game. But for Warriors specifically, we needed to make further changes, including merging some of the personal benefit of
back into Temeridad
. Also, to make up for Lanzar
being removed, we modified Lanzamiento heroico
to be more frequently usable.
- Lanzamiento heroico is now a high-threat ability, generating 300% extra threat, has a 6-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds), but now has a 15 yard minimum range.
- Temeridad now increases Critical Strike chance by 15% (down from 30%) and increases Critical Strike damage by 10% (up from 0%).
- Lanzamiento destrozador no longer reduces the armor of the target; it only does damage and breaks immunities.
It also is no longer learned via any specialization, but instead through a new Major Glyph, Glyph of Shattering Throw.
Haste has long been a problematic stat for Warriors, usually being of little value. As part of our commitment to ensuring all secondary stats are valuable (except Bonus Armor for non-tanks and Spirit for non-healers, of course), we're making a significant change to Warriors, to ensure that Haste has strong, competitive value. We're giving all Guerrero
s a new passive, which lets haste affect their global cooldown, and the cooldowns of their very-short-cooldown rotational abilities.
Protection Warriors have received a few notable changes. First, we removed Dodge and Parry from gear, and expect Protection Warriors to value Haste and Critical Strike as important secondary stats. In order to achieve that, we made Contestación
give defensive value to Critical Strike. The aforementioned
also helps for valuing Haste.
- Maestría: Bloqueo crítico now increases critical block chance by 12% (down from 17.6%).
- is a new passive ability for Protection Warriors.
causes Multistrike auto attacks to trigger a , which regenerates 3% of the Guerrero's health over 3 seconds. When this effect is refreshed, the remainingduration is added to the new effect.
has been redesigned.
Bloquear con escudo
- Contestación now gives the Warrior Parry equal to their Critical Strike bonus from gear.
now regenerates a new charge every 12 seconds (up from every 9 seconds).Centinela inquebrantable
no longer increases Armor, but now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%. (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
A few Guerrero
talents also were in need of revision. First, Second Wind was problematic; it was sometimes too weak, and sometimes too strong. We chose to change it from a passive health regeneration effect to the new Parasitar
effect, so that low-health Guerrero
s have to maintain combat in order to benefit, instead of kiting, hiding, or otherwise playing defensively.
was changed to account for the removal of
The level-45 talent row was removed for crowd-control disarmament reasons, and also wanted to allow you to choose more rotational complexity through talents. We replaced the row with new talents, many of which are specialization-specific, giving you a variety of playstyle choices for your Guerrero
For the level-60 and level-90 Talent rows, certain combinations were proving problematic. We decided that Descarga tormentosa
would better compete with Ola de choque
and Rugido de dragón
, and that Filotormenta
would better compete with Avatar
, so swapped Descarga tormentosa
's positions. We also adjusted the effects of a few talents in order to make them more competitive with the talents on their row.
now heals for 100% more but the amount healed is no longer increased by being Enfurecido
.Rugido de dragón
's damage is no longer reduced when hitting more than 1 target.
's cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds, but it now replaces Reflejo de hechizos
no longer directly heals the Guerrero
while active. Instead, Second Wind grants the Guerrero
while active, which causes the Guerrero
to heal for 10% of all damage and healing done by the Guerrero
while active.Descarga tormentosa
is now a level-60 Talent, swapping places with Filotormenta
has been removed and replaced with 3 new talents that vary by specialization.Aullido perforador
has been removed and replaced with a new talent, Muerte súbita
- Muerte súbita causes auto-attack hits to have a 10% chance to make the next Ejecutar free and useable on any target, regardless of health level. These Executes do not consume additional Rage to deal additional damage.
- Aullido perforador is now available to all Fury Warriors as a baseline ability.
has been removed and replaced with 3 new talents that vary by specialization.
- Arms: Slam: Slam an opponent, causing 100% weapon damage. Each consecutive use of Embate increases the damage dealt by 50% and Rage cost by 100%. Requires Battle Stance.
- Fury: : Sed de sangre no longer has a cooldown.
- Protection: : Devastar reduces the cost of by 6 Rage for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Once this effect reaches 5 applications, its duration will no longer refresh.
Fury Warriors received a few additional changes. In particular,
has been removed for Fury Warriors, and modified Tajo furioso
to fill the role of quick excess Rage dump. We also made a revision to the Critical Strike chance of Sed de sangre
to make them less crit-dependant. A new glyph has been added which gives Fury Warriors a choice for a notably different playstyle. Auto attack damage had become too high, so we also moved some damage from that into Ejecutar
(which has been changed to deal damage based on Weapon Damage, instead of just Attack Power). In order to make sure that you're able to spend all of your resources within each Machaque colosal
window, we added an extension to it onto Arremetida enfurecida
. Plus, we've updated some to spell alerts to improve usability.
Sed de sangre
- 's effects have been merged into baseline Sed de sangre and no longer reduce Tajo furioso's global cooldown. Its spell alert has moved to the top slot instead of the left and right slots and now has 2 charges (down from 3 charges).
- Sed de sangre now replaces for Fury Warriors.
Tajo furioso now has a 0.75 second baseline global cooldown and costs 45 Rage.
now has 30% additional Critical Strike chance (instead of double the normal Critical Strike chance).
no longer increases auto attack damage. Instead, it also causes Ejecutar
to hit with the off-hand weapon.Arremetida enfurecida
now extends the duration of Machaque colosal
by 2 seconds, and has a spell alert on the left and right slots.
Glyph of Colossus Smash is a new glyph available to Fury Warriors. The glyph increases the duration of Machaque colosal
's effect to 20 seconds, but reduces its effectiveness.
We also expanded
to affect all damage, not just Physical damage, and increased its duration slightly so that it can cover burst windows like Machaque colosal
adequately.. We're also making a change to the design of Heridas profundas
, to try to limit is effectiveness in PvP, without hurting its effectiveness in PvE.
- Mastery: Unshackled Fury (Fury) now increases all damage (up from only Physical damage).
- Heridas profundas now lasts 15 seconds, or until the target is healed to full health.
- now increases all damage (up from only Physical damage).
- Kor’kron guards and forces loyal to Garrosh have been ousted from Horde cities and settlements.
- A Test of Valor has been removed. Players on Wrathion’s Legendary quest line will now skip ahead to the next step.
Raids, Dungeons, and ScenariosAsedio de OrgrimmarLegacy Raid Changes
- Added additional safeguards to prevent accidental PvP flagging.
Non-PvP flagged players are unable to heal or damage PvP flagged players unless they manually flag themselves for PvP combat.
PvP flagging can be toggled by typing /pvp into chat.
Players on a non-PvP realm joining a cross-realm group now receive a confirmation prompt warning that they may cross into a PvP enabled realm by joining the group.
The War Games command line parameter has been changed to accept BattleTag or RealID friend as the first argument.
- Example usage: /wg BattleTagfriend arena tournamentrules
- Both arena and tournamentrules are optional. The arena parameter if specified will do a best-match search of valid arenas or a random one will be chosen. If tournamentrules hasn’t been set, it will default to false.
- Items listed for sale on the Alliance, Horde, and neutral auction houses have now been combined together on a per-realm basis.
- Entries in the Mount Journal now have a description and information on where or how the mount can be obtained.
- Mount Journal now lists all mounts that have been collected on the account. Ones that the character is unable to use will be displayed in red.
- Players can now designate a mount as favorite, placing it at the top of the collected mounts list.
- Summon Random Favorite Mount has been added, randomly summoning a mount that’s usable for the area from the favorites list.
- All flying mounts are now able to be used as a ground mount in areas that do not allow flying.
- (Mount spells in Wowhead's WoD database display journal details--click on any to view.)